PDA

View Full Version : Camelbak All Clear

Butterfly58
06-12-2013, 14:11
Has anyone tried this system? I was at Dick's Sporting Goods looking for a Steripen and saw this. It basically does the same thing, which is purifies the water with UV light. I've never seen it discussed here. Did a search and didn't come up with anything. I know it's heavy but maybe the lid, which is where the light is, works on other type bottles. Here's a link: http://shop.camelbak.com/all-clear/d/1208_cl_1533

Durtydan
06-12-2013, 19:35
I work at dicks and have tried the all clear. cool idea to mix the steri pen with a bottle but you can't treat a lot of water at a time and I can drink a 32oz bottle in one gulp. I took it back right away seeing more disadvantages than advantages. it's kinda heavy, can't guarantee it will treat anything outside of its complimentary bottle and if you like using camelbaks other hydration packs, you'll still need other treatment. please save the 100$ until they figure out a better, lighter way to utilize the uv technology
whats it's suggested use you might ask? treating water while traveling to foreign countries

Durtydan
06-12-2013, 19:37
ps. it says it'll work with other bottles but the bigger the bottle, the more time to wait. not to take away from your thread but I'd like to see if anyone has any good review on the lifestraw? 1000L for 20$ and you can theoretically drink from a brown puddle with no negative effects? sounds like a deal to me