PDA

View Full Version : another new guy (and gal)

soulrebel
07-21-2005, 17:39
and thx for the board, it's really been a goldmine of information.

30 something and recently married, but you'll never hear from her b/c I'm always on the box.

We're interested in hiking the AT in 06'. Like many others, it's been a dream of mine since I first camped out w/ BSA on top of Blood Mtn. And, I think it's finally a good time to breath some life into that dream.

On the other hand, my wife didn't know such a long trail existed and was even happier to find that people walk the walk. And not 2 secs later, she says, "Sounds great, I can't wait to go!" (what a trooper--i totally scored!!!)

So after a few more weeks, The credit card has burn marks on it from REI and I think I just spent all the money that was gonna finance the trip... :eek:

Ne ways thanks to all the subtle coercion from people's like you--We're eating in until 06 so we can finance this the time off. So thanks again!!! :jump

SGT Rock
07-21-2005, 17:46
Good luck in your planning.

Kerosene
07-21-2005, 18:26
Live your dream!

neo
07-21-2005, 19:08
glad you found whiteblaze,a really great website,happy trails to ya:cool: neo

Trail Dog
07-23-2005, 08:14
Welcome, nothing like sharing the trail with a wonderful woman. Me and mine can't get enough of it.

Nean
07-23-2005, 23:54
CAREFUL, you might get hooked! :rolleyes: :welcome to WB (my latest addiction?)

K-Bear
07-25-2005, 23:09
Good Luck, Kids....
Every sacrifice you make is worth it.....good luck...

LIhikers
07-26-2005, 18:34
Congrats on the marriage and good luck on the thru hike. It's great your wife wants to go. My wife loves to hike and backpack as much as I do, it's great. But if she's never done it before let me make a suggestion. Start with easy, one night, hiking trips and work your way up in difficulty and duration. That way your wife, and you, won't be overwhelmed when you start your thru hike. You'll already know how all of your gear works and how much stress and strain your body can handle.