PDA

View Full Version : Snickers Commercial

Lilred
07-22-2005, 02:18
Has anybody seen the new snickers commercial? Pretty funny.

http://www.snickers.com/advertising.asp

TakeABreak
07-22-2005, 05:56
Yeah, I laughed and wandered how many non-hikers would understand it, the guy actually looked like a hike too, not a someone made up to look like a hiker.

Rain Man
07-22-2005, 07:09
Mary,

Yes, I've seen a new Snickers TV commercial and it just confused me. There seemed to be a hunter's stand behind the fellows throwing the Snickers at the poor deer. What's with that? Are the hikers, or are the hunters? To me, they seemed to be hunters. Anyway, it went over my head, I guess.

Rain:sunMan

Jaybird
07-22-2005, 07:57
Has anybody seen the new snickers commercial? Pretty funny.http://www.snickers.com/advertising.asp

LRMG:

I laffed my butt off...first time i saw this commercial! :p

How TRUE to LIFE it is....Hikers will eat anything(even off the ground!)....especially a SNICKERS BAR....the ORIGINAL Power Bar!

How'd your section hike go?

dougmeredith
07-22-2005, 08:22
Anyway, it went over my head, I guess..
I'm glad it wasn't just me.

Doug

tlbj6142
07-22-2005, 09:44
I'm glad it wasn't just me.It wasn't. I think they were a re-write away from a good ad, but ran out of time.

SGT Rock
07-22-2005, 10:05
A bunch of hunters trying to kill a deer with Snickers. They scare the deer off because it was a stupid idea, and then a hiker picks up a Snicker bar and eats it.

What's not to understand?

tlbj6142
07-22-2005, 10:22
What's not to understand?It ain't funny. Not even close. And, I suspect, it was supose to be funny.

SGT Rock
07-22-2005, 10:30
It ain't funny. Not even close. And, I suspect, it was supose to be funny.
It is when the hiker eats the Snickers because he is the only one that got anything out of the deal ;)

Streamweaver
07-22-2005, 12:24
I love that commercial!!! It says "it isnt satisfying unless you eat it" In other words "There aint no catch and release in hunting"! So go ahead and "Whack it and stack it"!! And "Kill it and grill it"!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

TakeABreak
07-22-2005, 13:20
I guess only those of us who are both hikers and hunters, understand this one.

Lilred
07-22-2005, 14:22
I just thought it was hilarious that they'd show a hiker picking up a snickers off the ground and eating it.

The Snickers corp. obviously must know a hiker's penchant for Snickers bars.

Kerosene
07-22-2005, 14:56
The last shot of the hiker was by far the best, but I agree, it needed a few more re-writes.

Nightwalker
07-22-2005, 15:37
I love that commercial!!! It says "it isnt satisfying unless you eat it" In other words "There aint no catch and release in hunting"! So go ahead and "Whack it and stack it"!! And "Kill it and grill it"!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
I thought that the "it isnt satisfying unless you eat it" comment was a slightly seditious pro-hunting comment as well. Nice and sly. Funny commercial.

SGT Rock
07-22-2005, 17:39
I thought that the "it isnt satisfying unless you eat it" comment was a slightly seditious pro-hunting comment as well. Nice and sly. Funny commercial.
:o Right, so Snickers is paving the way for venison flavored snickers LOL:banana

Nightwalker
07-22-2005, 20:12
:o Right, so Snickers is paving the way for venison flavored snickers LOL:banana
Snickers jerky? Sounds good to me!

Footslogger
07-22-2005, 21:14
Snickers jerky? Sounds good to me!=================================
Melts in your hands ...not in your mouth !!

'Slogger

Lanthar Mandragoran
07-23-2005, 17:33
Yeah, saw that commetcial the other day, hilarious.

saimyoji
07-23-2005, 20:58
Actually I was surprised it took this long for someone to bring it up. IMO: Amusing commercial. I think there are two versions: one with the hiker at the end, and one without.

'Its not satisfying unless you eat it:'
Hunters: Will not be satisfied unless they kill and eat the deer (an argument can be made that some deer are for trophy, not meat); OR: a snickers bar is only satisfying if you eat it; it cannot be used as ammo, thus will not satisfy the hunters unless they eat it.

Hikers: are satisfied by eating the snickers the inept hunters threw at the deer, and thus the hiker is content at the end of the commercial.

If you have to explain it, it just ain't gonna be funny. :eek:

Nean
07-24-2005, 00:42
Hiker had some great gear....from the 70s

Tha Wookie
07-24-2005, 17:31
Hiker had some great gear....from the 70s
Yeah, the gear was the best part. I saw it at a bar without sound.

I hope there aren't a whole bunch of hunters trying that......

Streamweaver
07-28-2005, 12:33
Is it just me,or does it look like the hiker is smearing that Snickers bar on his lips,like chapstick??!! lol MNNNNNNNNN Snickers ,venison bars,sounds good!! :clap

frost158
06-28-2006, 02:41
there was and is a commercial its been on for a while and comes on rarly, it has a guy with a guitar, he sits down and says "here, let me help you enjoy that snickers",,,i am just wondering who that guy singing, with the guitar is, i am almost sure i have seen him and i am sure he is a famous singer but i cant put my finger on it, if somone could tell me the name of the singer, or if he gots some songs that would be great

Grizzley_Bear
06-28-2006, 07:44
I dont know who that fellow with the guitar is, but they dont even have the guitar going the right direction. They could have bought a lefty guitar to keep the guys motions correct but I guess that was a bit too far for these commercials. Another example of how little work is put into these commercials.

peanuts
06-28-2006, 10:11
It is a very funny commercial.....:sun

zetroc15
08-31-2007, 23:26
I dont know who that fellow with the guitar is, but they dont even have the guitar going the right direction. They could have bought a lefty guitar to keep the guys motions correct but I guess that was a bit too far for these commercials. Another example of how little work is put into these commercials.

What if he actually plays like that? I do. i dont use a traditional left handed guitar, i just use a regular guitar and flip it over. and before this guy i had never heard or seen anyone playing like that...

CoyoteWhips
09-01-2007, 07:19
So, nobody else was disturbed by substituting a candy bar for a gun and saying "it isn't satisfying unless you eat it"?