PDA

View Full Version : Thru-Hiker's Companion 2006

Jack Tarlin
07-22-2005, 10:36
In a few weeks (as soon as I get home), I'll be doing some work on next year's edition of The Thru-Hiker's Companion. Specificallly, I'm going to be working on the section of the book that deals with southern New Hampshire.

I was hoping that some Whiteblaze folks who are familiar with New Hampshire, or who have hiked this section recently, will help me out with their input. Spoecifically, I hope some of you folks will have a look at what's written in this year's edition, and let me know what you think needs to be added, expanded, changed. If you're aware of any errors or omissions, or if you know about any new Trail or Town features that should be included in next year's book, please let me know. If you can think of anything that needs to be changed or corrected on any of the Town Maps, this would be useful, too. I intend to visit or correspond with every facility/business listed, and I hope to hike the entire section if my health permits, but it'd also be incredibly useful to hear from other folks.

All of us who are volunteering our time to help make next year's Companion the best edition ever really appreciate input, suggestions and comments, and comments from those who've just done this section would be particularly valuable.

Thank you in advance.

(And anyone who wants to see this section, or any other section, of the Thru-Hiker's Companion, can do so by going to www.aldha.org)

Peaks
07-22-2005, 19:11
In additition to Jack appeal for help, I'm sure that other section editors could use recent hiker's evaluation and help with their sections as well. The list should be published in the Companion.

Let's make this the best Companion for the whole trail, not just So. New Hampshire.

Sly
07-22-2005, 19:37
I was hoping that some Whiteblaze folks who are familiar with New Hampshire, or who have hiked this section recently, will help me out with their input. Specifically, I hope some of you folks will have a look at what's written in this year's edition, and let me know what you think needs to be added, expanded, changed.

Ditto for the section from Tanyard Gap north of Hot Springs to Erwin. I had hoped to hike the section myself but it looks like I'm going to fall short before deadline.

I'll be verifying and updating facilities in Erwin and at Allen and Sam's Gap but if anyone one feels something should be added, please feel free to contact me and I'll pass it along.

Thanks. :)

Heater
07-22-2005, 20:04
I was hoping that some Whiteblaze folks who are familiar with New Hampshire, or who have hiked this section recently, will help me out with their input.

I'm sure the Old Phart would be willing to help you out on this section! :D

(And anyone who wants to see this section, or any other section, of the Thru-Hiker's Companion, can do so by going to www.aldha.org) (http://www.aldha.org))
Thanks Jack! :)