PDA

View Full Version : Hiker's discount at Long Trail Inn?

pedxing
06-16-2013, 20:28
Does the Long Trail Inn still offer a discount to backpackers on a "no reservations" basis? I'm figuring that my odds of finding a room available would be better if I arrived

adamkrz
06-16-2013, 21:09
Yes, We received a discount last sept. without reservations, Just a few miles north another place we stayed for a real cheap price was Mountain Meadows - Very nice place right on the A.T. a lake and a short walk to killington.

max patch
06-16-2013, 21:28
Mtn Meadows is awesome. Discovered it on my thru, and have returned twice (as a hiker and a skier) paying full price. Its a shame that Mtn Meadows and the Inn are so close together.

pedxing
06-16-2013, 21:44
Thanks. I'm glad to know the LT Inn still discounts. Looking at my calendar it looks like I'd get there on a Thursday or a Friday - might be good motivation to make it on Thursday when they are more likely to have rooms.
I didn't know about Mountain Meadows. It looks like a nice option for AT hikers - or even LT hikers (if the closer Long Trail Inn was full).

Jeff
06-17-2013, 06:02
THe hiker rate at the Inn includes a great breakfast.

Slo-go'en
06-17-2013, 11:15
I had no trouble getting a room in the middle of August last year when I did the LT. Seems most of the AT thru-hikers were running out of money so were reluctant to spend $50 on a room. Still, it would be advisable to arrive early in the day to ensure getting a room and that would also give you time to catch the bus to Rutland and back so not to loose a day resupplying.

DavidNH
06-17-2013, 12:27
I don't know if the Inn at the Long Trail is still giving the discount but I suspect they are. I just want to say that this is a "can't miss" stop over. The inn at the Long Trail is one of THE most hiker friendly establishments on the trail.. I stayed there both on my LT hike and on my AT hike. Absolutely love the place. Breakfast are amazing as well!

David

pedxing
06-17-2013, 15:36
I agree. I've made a point of staying there even when I'm not backpacking and getting a discount.

kidchill
06-17-2013, 15:50
Just a heads up...there's another motel right up the street, it's right next to the general store. It's the one that has the pool out front, it's only like $10 more than the Long Trail Inn (this was out of season SOBO rate), and I got a full-sized room with 2 beds, fridge, TV, etc...Long trail has the bar...so, really it's a toss-up.

WalkinHome
08-09-2013, 22:48
Stayed there this past June - A#1 all around! Nice hiker discount, great bar/beer, and a really good breakfast. Had a blast there and very hiker-friendly. Highly recommend it. Enjoy.

pedxing
08-09-2013, 23:21
I ended up staying there one night during my hike this summer. The room rate is still pretty decent with the hiker discount (I think 56 for the room and breakfast including all taxes and fees) and they still pour a great pint of Guinness

GoldenBear
08-10-2013, 15:18
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?96706-Hiking-Vermont-section&p=1501313&highlight=#post1501313

double d
08-11-2013, 10:36
You can never go wrong with the Long Trail Inn, if its a little more then $60 bucks a night, then so be it. The Inn is the best on the trail, great rooms, lots of space downstairs to hang out, they have a room to wash your clothes (the machines take coins) and of course, a great pub (live Irish music on Fri-Sat. nights). What more could one want?

Trail Bug
08-11-2013, 14:21
You can never go wrong with the Long Trail Inn, if its a little more then $60 bucks a night, then so be it. The Inn is the best on the trail, great rooms, lots of space downstairs to hang out, they have a room to wash your clothes (the machines take coins) and of course, a great pub (live Irish music on Fri-Sat. nights). What more could one want? I was in that area last week. I called and asked for the hiker rate. They quoted me $125. I went just up the road to the Kilington Motel and got a room with breakfast for about $85. Nice rooms and the owners were very friendly.

Jeff
08-11-2013, 16:33
Rates may be higher on weekends.