PDA

View Full Version : Looking for fairly local shuttle in the North - say Hazen's notch to Journey's End

pedxing
06-16-2013, 22:53
I'll be hiking the LT NOBO and my wife has time to come up and finish with me - so we'd be looking for a shuttle so we can spot her car. We'd probably want to spot the car at Journey's End and get a ride to Hazen's Notch or possibly Eden Crossing (Rt. 118) - these would be distances of 30 miles or less, so paying for a vehicle to drive from Burlington or further wouldn't make sense. Anyone know of something in the area that would provide a not too expensive ride.

KermitBoxer
06-17-2013, 00:08
What's your time frame?

pedxing
06-17-2013, 09:06
It looks like my wife would come up and meet me on July 5. If I move at the same speed I did last time I did the LT that would put me around Hazen's Notch or Eden Crossing. We'd likely finish on the 7th (possibly the morning of the 8th - esp if it was Eden Crossing where we started). I'd see two ways to do it. One would be to leave my car at Journey's End on the 5th and get a ride back to where I left off, or to be picked up on the 7th. The dates are within a day, but locations are less certain.

oldnevada
06-17-2013, 20:53
When my friend and I walked out onto rt 58 after coming down from Journey's End, we weren't there long before a shuttle drove by and picked us up. It was a while ago, but I think we paid ten bucks each. Drove us right back to our car on JE Road. Maybe we were just fortunate?

There are some phone numbers for North. Term. on page 46 of the last edit of End to Ender's Guide.

redseal
06-17-2013, 21:05
Contact the GMC, they have a shuttle list.