PDA

View Full Version : Wildcat Shelter Dog-friendly Trail Angel Series - 2013

Askus3
06-17-2013, 09:13
I will be starting my seventh annual summer series of evening dog friendly hikes. During the course of the summer the hikes will all be the same.

This series of hikes will take place on:
1) Sunday, June 9
2) Tuesday, June 18
3) Thursday, June 27
4) Monday, July 8
5) Wednesday, July 17
6) Saturday, July 27
7) Friday, August 2

These are my Trail Angel hikes to Wildcat Shelter. We will meet at 4:45 PM at the Bellvale Creamery ice cream stand on NY 17A, just beyond the top of the hill, west of the community of Greenwood Lake, NY. We will do seven of these hikes, with each one on a different day of the week into August. It is a relatively level hike northbound along the AT. However, we do go at a steady 2 mph pace. We will meet thru-hikers and offer water. I bring water, soda and other beverages, all of you bring snacks and fruit to share with the hikers. They have ravenous appetites and love the food & drink offerings. We hike 5-6:15 PM, 2.5 miles north. Hang out at shelter to 7:00 PM and then hike back. At end of the hike we stop for ice cream. We shall finish around 8:30 PM. Hikes will be cancelled if a thunderstorm watch or warning is in effect for Orange County for the time of the hike (5-8 PM).

This hike is a dog-friendly hike. Owners must bring snacks and water for their dogs and are responsible for their behavior. Please keep them out of the shelter.

Aaron (askus3) [email protected]