PDA

View Full Version : Question - Sawyer Sqeeze Filter

Praha4
06-17-2013, 10:25
Just a general question.... the new 3-way quick disconnect hydration pack accessory that Sawyer now sells..... they don't say what size hydration hoses/bladders that thing is designed to fit.... their instructional video shows it being used with a Camelbak hose/bite valve.... has anyone tried it with other bladders, like Platypus? .... or in other words, does anyone know if the Camelbak hose is the same I.D. as Platypus hose?

Shonryu
06-17-2013, 11:09
From my understanding they are the same size. I use camelback but I know a lot of other people who use platypus and use camelback connectors and bit values. I'd just buy your whatever you need see if it will work and if not just take it back.

Rain Man
06-17-2013, 11:27
I use a CamelBak bite valve and quick disconnect on my Platypus bladder.

Rain:sunMan

ryan850
06-18-2013, 11:20
As already stated, I believe they are the same. I use the squeeze filter too. I love it! Just don't it freeze. It will break the hollow fiber filter and it voids that awesome million gallon warranty. That is the only limitation to the squeeze filter that I can see. Keep it in your sleeping bag at night, and maybe in your pocket during the day or in your pack against your back. The biggest problem is that if it freezes, it will still seem to be working even if it's not.

markdek
06-19-2013, 21:40
Works on MSR too; it's a standard 1/4" ID hose.

Wise Old Owl
06-19-2013, 23:07
just bought it and havent figured it out.. just read the Instructions.

Shonryu
06-20-2013, 00:13
What are you trying to figure out.