PDA

View Full Version : Aquablaze SNP

EJC
06-18-2013, 16:41
Looking to aquablaze SNP tomorrow or Thursday. Anyone know an affordable company to use? Already hiked SNP, so no talk about not being a thru hiker, etc. Thanks :-)

Cookerhiker
06-18-2013, 17:08
Looking to aquablaze SNP tomorrow or Thursday. Anyone know an affordable company to use? Already hiked SNP, so no talk about not being a thru hiker, etc. Thanks :-)

Highly recommend Downriver Canoe Company (http://www.downriver.com/). I used them 3 years ago.

gussets
06-19-2013, 21:41
I recently finished aquablazing, and we used Aquablaze Solutions. Jeff, the owner, was really nice and prompt. $620 got us the canoe, a cooler, 3 paddles, 3 lifejackets, rope, a bailer, straps, various ziplocs and garbage bags, and a guide. When you decide to stop canoeing, Jeff will buy back the gear for $220, so for 3 people we were looking at $127 total. The upfront cost ($200 apiece) was high, but it was definitely worth it.
I would also recommend no more than two people in the canoe. We had three, and spent a lot of time walking the canoe over shallow water. And quadruple ziploc everything!

vitamaltz
06-23-2013, 20:00
Thanks, Gussetts!

-Aquajeff