PDA

View Full Version : What's the best/easiest way to search for a thread?

drifter
06-20-2013, 15:08
I was following a thread a couple days ago referencing how much time to allow for hiking through the Whites, now I can't seem to find it? Can someone describe the best easiest way to use the search feature here - seems I'm never very successful finding what I'm looking for.

rocketsocks
06-20-2013, 15:13
I was following a thread a couple days ago referencing how much time to allow for hiking through the Whites, now I can't seem to find it? Can someone describe the best easiest way to use the search feature here - seems I'm never very successful finding what I'm looking for.was it this one?

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?91713-Section-hike-in-Whites-what-should-I-expect&highlight=allotted+time+white+mountains

drifter
06-20-2013, 15:17
It was...thanks! Now what/how did you find that so quickly?

rocketsocks
06-20-2013, 15:20
was it this one?

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?91713-Section-hike-in-Whites-what-should-I-expect&highlight=allotted+time+white+mountainsif so, I got lucky as i don't seem to have much luck at time....but here's what I did

in keyword box typed; allotted time white mountains...then hit search....it was the first one that I came to that had a recent time signature of 2013...took a chance....again I got lucky.

rocketsocks
06-20-2013, 15:22
others have said to use Google search and add white blaze to the query.

FarmerChef
06-20-2013, 15:32
The easiest way is to use Google. Type Site:Whiteblaze.net [search terms]. Enter your actual search terms without the brackets. The built in search engine here at Whiteblaze is terrible, just like at most other forums. You may find it on the first try or only after sifting through pages of results. Google can do it much faster.

max patch
06-20-2013, 15:43
The easiest way is to use Google. Type Site:Whiteblaze.net [search terms]. Enter your actual search terms without the brackets. The built in search engine here at Whiteblaze is terrible, just like at most other forums. You may find it on the first try or only after sifting through pages of results. Google can do it much faster.

While I agree with everything said here, there is a quicker way if the thread is current and you (or someone whose name you remember) has posted to the thread. Go to your/their profile and look at the list of posts. Thats what I do first if the thread has fallen off the "today posts" or "new posts" listing.

drifter
06-20-2013, 15:45
Great....thanks to all

FarmerChef
06-20-2013, 16:49
While I agree with everything said here, there is a quicker way if the thread is current and you (or someone whose name you remember) has posted to the thread. Go to your/their profile and look at the list of posts. Thats what I do first if the thread has fallen off the "today posts" or "new posts" listing.

Good point, MP. That is faster in that scenario.

Rain Man
06-24-2013, 09:07
Very very weird that WB won't let you search with an "AND" function.

Rain Man

Durtydan
06-24-2013, 09:34
don't forget to subscribe to threads that you're interested in once you find them so you can always go back and see updated posts from others