PDA

View Full Version : best Teriyaki Sauce?

Wise Old Owl
06-22-2013, 21:15
A few really close friends expressed a need for Teriyaki Jerky.. not one of my favorite flavors but I am coming around on this one... took this bottle

22164and added a touch of heat. Sweet and Sour ... folk weigh in but do not suggest anything with Kero or corn syrup It was hmmm mild and next batch will be stronger.

What do you think?

Wise Old Owl
06-22-2013, 21:21
found this review...

This is the top-selling Soy Vay marinade: all natural teriyaki sauce made from the finest kosher ingredients: preservative free soy sauce, fresh ginger and garlic, onions, expeller pressed soy and sesame oils and bursting with sesame seeds. Veri Veri Teriyaki won a Silver Finalist Award at the Fancy Food show in New York City as an Outstanding Classic sauce and has received rave reviews in articles across the country from the Wall Street Journal to the San Francisco Chronicle. Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki was selected as the number one marinade in the United Kingdom by Food Illustrated Magazine. And even in Eminen's award winning "Slim Shady" video, when the refrigerator is opened, there it is: a bottle of Veri Veri Teriyaki! So versatile and easy to use, it simplifies everyday cooking. The Soy Vay name, the appearance and the natural ingredients of Veri Veri Teriyaki are reasons why people choose to purchase our product over a competitor's. After tasting it, they become loyal customers, keeping Veri Veri Teriyaki as a pantry staple. Soy Vay Island Teriyaki is convenient, too. There is no need to marinate meats ahead of time. Add this flavorful sauce just before, during or after cooking; you and your guests will be impressed! For a tantalizing and easy way to create a memorable meal, try Island Teriyaki on seafood, poultry, meat or vegetables; grilled, baked, broiled or in your favorite stir-fry!

Wise Old Owl
06-23-2013, 10:34
Heuuy need your help?????

Odd Man Out
06-23-2013, 13:02
I use the recipe from the New York Times Cookbook. Yum

Wise Old Owl
06-23-2013, 18:01
Uh that book is $30 OK no worries. what can be bought pre-made? Saw Kikkoman yesterday

Odd Man Out
06-23-2013, 22:31
Uh that book is $30 OK no worries. what can be bought pre-made? Saw Kikkoman yesterday

According to the book plate, I got mine copy in December, 1975! Probably was cheaper back then. In case you want to make your own, here is the recipe. It's very simple and really good.

1 T finely chopped ginger (I error on the high side - you can't have too much ginger in this, and don't use dried ginger - it just isn't the same)
2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
1 medium onion, chopped fine
2 T sugar
1 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium Kikkoman)
1/2 cup sherry (I use the cheap cooking sherry)

Marinade beef or chicken, then grill..
I suppose it would work for jerky too.