PDA

View Full Version : Scam Alert

blisterbob
06-25-2013, 20:15
The hikers/backpackers that are from alatrails and also would be on firedogs contact list may receive email contact that
is from a hacked source that requests money for a trip back from the Philippines. Please report this as a scam. I talked to
Carl Wilson/ firedog today and he is not in the Philippines.

Gray Blazer
06-25-2013, 22:06
I just gave all my money to a guy from Africa that's got a lot of money he's going to share with me.

Grampie
06-26-2013, 09:13
I think it was Forest Gump who said, "stupid is as stupid does."

MDSection12
06-26-2013, 09:25
I just gave all my money to a guy from Africa that's got a lot of money he's going to share with me.

Must be the same guy I'm talking to. He's sharing some money with me too. Also his sister thinks I'm cute and is very excite for meeting. :)

atraildreamer
06-26-2013, 09:26
I got an email, supposedly, from my wife's cousin Mary that said she was stuck in London, the victim of a robbery,:mad: and needed $2000 to get home. :(

I saw her the next day at our congregation meeting and said that I was glad to see that she had gotten back from England. :)

We both had a good laugh. :D:D She had received the same email! :eek:

4Bears
06-26-2013, 09:41
I got an email, supposedly, from my wife's cousin Mary that said she was stuck in London, the victim of a robbery,:mad: and needed $2000 to get home. :(

I saw her the next day at our congregation meeting and said that I was glad to see that she had gotten back from England. :)

We both had a good laugh. :D:D She had received the same email! :eek:
Now that is funny!!

Ewker
06-26-2013, 11:20
I feel left out since I didn't get one :(

John B
06-26-2013, 11:46
If you will send me some money, I'll go to the Philippines and comb the beaches to get to the bottom of this whole sordid affair.

Grey Ghost
06-26-2013, 11:51
If you will send me some money, I'll go to the Philippines and comb the beaches to get to the bottom of this whole sordid affair.
You just cannot fix stupid!

MkBibble
06-26-2013, 12:04
I feel left out since I didn't get one :( Give me your email; I'll make sure that you get PLENTY!

Ewker
06-26-2013, 12:27
Give me your email; I'll make sure that you get PLENTY!

wow thanks but no thanks

Dogwood
06-26-2013, 12:27
Thanks BlisterBob for the heads up. I few months back a thread was started here on WB about an offer they saw on Ebay where someone was willing to offer their hiking companionship in exchange for $$$. A WBer even emailed this "SUPPOSED" person and received back replies. IT WAS A SCAM ALL THE WAY!!! On that thread I stated I wouldn't be surprised if the SCAMMER resurfaced. I would not be surprised AT ALL if this is the same person offering a different approach! Be aware!

AND, although it's easy to dismiss these scammers in a non-chalant way they do KNOW HOW to entice $$$ from people. They can be VERY GOOD at it! It's their careers.... ripping folks off!

Gray Blazer
06-26-2013, 12:44
I feel left out since I didn't get one :(

Send me your bank account number and routing number and I'll help you out.

atmilkman
06-26-2013, 12:49
Send me your bank account number and routing number and I'll help empty you out.

Fixed it for you.

Gray Blazer
06-26-2013, 13:01
Fixed it for you.

You are so helpful and I didn't even ask. :D

fins1838
06-26-2013, 15:02
Must be the same guy I'm talking to. He's sharing some money with me too. Also his sister thinks I'm cute and is very excite for meeting. :) This is 1 helluva nice guy. Sharing with me too. Just waiting for confirmation he recieved my money. Mail moves a bit slower in his region.

Matt65
06-30-2013, 21:22
Thanks for the heads up BB.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2