PDA

View Full Version : What ULA Circuit features do you like?

TennesseeHillbilly
06-29-2013, 10:00
I'm getting an OHM 2.0 but was wondering for people that had both, is there anything you liked about the circuit that isn't available on the ohm 2.0? If any certain features are worth getting, I was going to have them added. Thanks

bigcranky
06-30-2013, 20:18
I've had both. The stiffer suspension is the main draw -- my Ohm 1.0 was comfortable to ~24 pounds; above that not so much. My Circuit carries into the mid 30s pretty well, though I like to keep it to 30 or so. I'm down to one backpacking pack now -- the Circuit can handle my winter gear, so works for me in all four seasons.

That's not a feature you can add, though.... :)

As for the other features, I went the other way and had the drawstring top and the stretchy mesh front pocket from the Ohm added to my custom Circuit back when they were offering some custom colors. I much prefer those over the standard Circuit roll top and front pocket.

MuddyWaters
07-27-2013, 14:20
The circuit has a back stay that holds the shape of the pack, the denser foam keeps things from poking you in the back. It is also a bit larger and more durable (less light wt fabric. fabric).

Miner
07-27-2013, 22:30
Circuit is heavier but will more comfortably carry a heavier load and more stuff then an Ohm 2.0 due to a stiffer more robust suspension. That's about it. I have both a ULA Circuit and a ULA CDT. The circuit only gets used when I need to carry alot of weight or things like bear cans for long trips in the Sierra Nevada. I use the CDT for most trips.

redseal
07-28-2013, 19:30
I am the same as Miner. CDT use for most trips. Circuit for long trips where weight exceeds 25 lbs.

capehiker
07-28-2013, 23:20
In simplest terms, it just feels right on me. I guess that's the best feature for me. Space wise, it's the perfect size for my gear with room to spare but enough room that I feel like I need to fill it up with useless gear.

88BlueGT
07-29-2013, 11:25
The circuit has a back stay that holds the shape of the pack, the denser foam keeps things from poking you in the back. It is also a bit larger and more durable (less light wt fabric. fabric).

+1 I also use this...http://gossamergear.com/sitlight-sit-pad-group.html.... fits perfectly into the back of the pack for a little added support and perfect for camp.

Rasty
07-29-2013, 12:39
Favorite features in order

1) Water bottle holder on straps
2) Hip belt pockets
3) stretchy mesh
4) Huge side pockets

Wish it had the cinch closure like the OHM