PDA

View Full Version : Sec Recommendation Mass to the Presidentials?

BobbyNoel
06-30-2013, 12:16
Section hiker needs 100 mile recommendation in August from Massachusetts to the Presidentials, which I've already done? You folks have always been great on suggestions.
Rob
The Professor, on the road again.

DavidNH
06-30-2013, 14:36
recommendation for 100 mile section hike. My suggestion is start at Dartmouth College (you can easily get to even via public transportation) and end at AMC Pinkham Notch Camp, Rt 16 in New Hampshire. This actually about 122 miles. This route would incorporate almost all of the White Mountains, missing out on the Carter Range. From AMC Pinkham Notch you can get a Concord Trailways bus to Boston and Logan Airport (leaves once a day in early morning). I'd allow 1-2 weeks for this section.

Don't bother with Massachusetts.. nothing special on that section.

DavidNH

Slo-go'en
06-30-2013, 15:09
Or do the Vermont section of the AT, which is about 100 miles and a little easier then NH (and you don't have to deal with the AMC huts)

R1ma
06-30-2013, 22:43
Or do the Vermont section of the AT, which is about 100 miles and a little easier then NH (and you don't have to deal with the AMC huts)

And ends at Dartmouth. A little over 150 miles from North Adams, MA though.
If you start in MA and end at Maine Junction/US-4/Inn at Long Trail outside Rutland it's ~100 miles.

SwissGuy
06-30-2013, 23:24
I am planning to do the entire VT section in mid-late July, if you are interested in partnering let me know. I live in RI so planned on hiking it NOBO and being picked up in ME.

Driver8
07-01-2013, 00:54
I am planning to do the entire VT section in mid-late July, if you are interested in partnering let me know. I live in RI so planned on hiking it NOBO and being picked up in ME.

Just to be clear, SwissGuy, Hanover, New Hampshire is on the north end of the Vermont A.T. Maine's across N.H. from VT.

SwissGuy
07-01-2013, 02:09
Just to be clear, SwissGuy, Hanover, New Hampshire is on the north end of the Vermont A.T. Maine's across N.H. from VT.

Man, I just had a brain fart, excuse my idiocy, one too many hits to the skull I think.

I of course mean MA border to NH border.

Driver8
07-01-2013, 17:23
Man, I just had a brain fart, excuse my idiocy, one too many hits to the skull I think.

I of course mean MA border to NH border.

Not to worry, SG, I had a couple concussions as a kid, no kidding, and show the effects pretty well hourly. :/

SwissGuy
07-01-2013, 17:51
Not to worry, SG, I had a couple concussions as a kid, no kidding, and show the effects pretty well hourly. :/

Yea I got IED'd at 19, my fiancee jokes that I don't know how bad my memory is because I forget when I forget. Lol