PDA

View Full Version : Talked to Blister Sister/Saw Mowgli

Mags
07-26-2005, 11:19
Small trail world!

Last night I met up with Mowgli (Jeffrey Huntrer), his daughter, sister, niece and nephew at Coors Field. Mowgli and his daughter are about to do a 60 mile stretch of the Colorado Trail. We had made plans to meet up with each other before he set off. Despite the rain delay, had a good time watching the ball game. Had my overpriced hotdog and bad Coors beer while enjoying some great conversation. :)

While waiting for Mowgli and family, my phone went off. (One of my rare times taking a the c*** phone out of the house. I rarely talk on the phone so a c*** phone is less expensive for me than a land line. God..I feel so dirty :).). Who was it? None other than Blister Sister! She is doing great. Her and Chomp are going to hike from Steamboat Springs to Encampment. Footslogger will be doing the shuttling. Blister was about to take a well deserved soak in some hot springs.

Anyway..looks like some Whiteblazers are having a great summer!

MOWGLI
07-26-2005, 11:44
Small trail world!

Last night I met up with Mowgli (Jeffrey Huntrer), his daughter, sister, niece and nephew at Coors Field. Mowgli and his daughter are about to do a 60 mile stretch of the Colorado Trail. We had made plans to meet up with each other before he set off. Despite the rain delay, had a good time watching the ball game. Had my overpriced hotdog and bad Coors beer while enjoying some great conversation. :)

While waiting for Mowgli and family, my phone went off. (One of my rare times taking a the c*** phone out of the house. I rarely talk on the phone so a c*** phone is less expensive for me than a land line. God..I feel so dirty :).). Who was it? None other than Blister Sister! She is doing great. Her and Chomp are going to hike from Steamboat Springs to Encampment. Footslogger will be doing the shuttling. Blister was about to take a well deserved soak in some hot springs.

Anyway..looks like some Whiteblazers are having a great summer!

Nice to meet you Mags! We didn't get back to the Vail Valley until after 1 AM. If the kids ever wake up, we plan to take a hike to Hanging Lake today near Glenwood Springs. On Thursday the CT awaits! Woo Hoo!

Bolo
07-26-2005, 11:59
Hey Little Bear!

I'm enjoying your blogspot!
Have a great time...can't wait for your journal.

-Bolo:sun

Footslogger
07-26-2005, 15:20
[QUOTE=Mags] Her and Chomp are going to hike from Steamboat Springs to Encampment. Footslogger will be doing the shuttling.
====================================
Just got the word on their change in plans. They were originally going to head south to Steamboat from Encampment. Oh well ...this hiking think makes one pretty flexible !! Will be headed out towards Encampment on Friday night or Saturday morning. I'll probably hike in along the Encampment river for the over night and then double back to meet the weary hikers at the CDT trail crossing just west of town. No telling where we'll go from there.

'Slogger

Jack Tarlin
07-26-2005, 15:24
Slogger:

Say hello to both of 'em for me, and tell 'em we'll see them in Hanover at the Gathering.

Sly
07-26-2005, 19:07
Slogger,

If you get a chance hike south on the CDT from Battle Pass into the Huston Park Wilderness. It's pretty neat, rock cairns and blazed trees to lead the way.

Footslogger
07-26-2005, 19:28
Will do Jack. Not too often we get to lend a hand to hikers out in this neck of the woods.

Sly ...I might just do that. I drove over to the Forest Service office today an got the quads for that area. Might just drop my car at the CDT trail crossing and hike south until I bump into Chomp and Blister. Won't they be surprized to see me !! I decided to take Monday off so lord only knows where the three of us will end up ...

Will send out an update after the weekends events.

'Slogger