PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting New Shuttle Provider

Skyline
07-26-2005, 12:29
Due to the illness, very serious I'm sad to say, of SNP shuttle provider Bobby Jenkins we are without adequate coverage for hikers in the SNP region these days and for at least the short-term future. The other two providers in the area, including myself, are unable to pick up the slack due to previous commitments.

If there is anyone out there interested in providing shuttle services to hikers in the region between US522 (Front Royal) and US33 (Swift Run Gap)--possibly extending further north and south on occasion, please get in touch with me. I'll be happy to help you get started, let you know what you can usually expect, etc. It would be advantageous if you were actually based in this area, but not absolutely necessary.

Thanks,

Jim Austin a/k/a Skyline
540-743-1355
[email protected]

Skyline
07-26-2005, 15:03
In just a couple of hours, I've had several private e-mails requesting more info on Bobby. He is, as of right now, in Intensive Care at Winchester's Medical Center being evaluated for both kidney and heart issues.

Cards, etc. may be sent through his employer: Bobby Jenkins c/o Luray-Page County Chamber of Commerce, 46 E. Main St., Luray, VA 22835. Someone from the office is in touch with Bobby or his family daily at this point.

The Solemates
07-26-2005, 17:12
Look up Carol and Winston Hinsley in Harrisonburg. They may be willing to help. Sorry, I dont have contact info, but give them a call.