PDA

View Full Version : Jet From Recon: Better Than Google Glass?? Certainly Cheaper.

Crusinsusan
07-02-2013, 11:09
I found this and, not being a geek per se, was wondering if others know about it. Thought it looked more useful for hikers/bikers/etc. Has anyone else heard about these? What do you think? The price, at $500 (for now) surely beats google glass at $1500. http://jet.reconinstruments.com/ From their site: "Jet is a powerful wearable computer with a full-color, wide-screen display, designed for active outdoor use. It unobtrusively delivers relevant information, such as speed, distance, and duration at a glance, enhancing athletes' performance and safety. With connectivity to smartphones and sports sensors, and the ability to run 3rd party apps, the possibilities are endless. Jet comes mounted on high-performance polarized sports eyeware, weighing a mere 60 grams."

Crusinsusan
07-03-2013, 13:19
Seriously? No one has heard or cares about these?

Odd Man Out
07-03-2013, 14:31
Sorry, but no I have not heard of these and no I'm not interested in this kind of technology. I go for a walk in the woods to escape technology. Besides, they golfer in the video is breaking the rules. You are not allowed to use devices for measuring distances.

Maui Rhino
07-03-2013, 17:28
I wonder if I could get it with prescription lenses. Amazing technology.