PDA

View Full Version : One of the down sides of doing the trail(s)

Different Socks
07-04-2013, 22:05
It simply went by too fast. It was sorta like trying to read Playboy while your girlfriend turns the pages.

Different Socks
07-04-2013, 22:09
We do not stop thru hiking b/c we are old, we become old b/c we stop thru-hiking.

Gray Blazer
07-04-2013, 22:28
I hate it when that happens.

Dogwood
07-05-2013, 13:23
It simply went by too fast. It was sorta like trying to read Playboy while your girlfriend turns the pages.

That's a VERY INTERESTING relationship you have. There's an easy solution to feeling your hike went by too fast - do another hike. That's what I do. As far as the GF turning the pages of, I prefer, Penthouse too fast you're on your own with that problem.

Dogwood
07-05-2013, 13:25
Perhaps, she's telling you something?:) Maybe, it makes more time for real life - HER!

hikerboy57
07-05-2013, 15:14

who actually reads playboy?

hobbs
07-05-2013, 15:56

Sounds like you need to do another hike and just smell the roses/

Different Socks
07-05-2013, 16:01
Guys and gals, I have done several other long hikes: Ice Age Trail, Long Trail, Ozark Highlands Trail, bottom 1/4 of the CDT, all the PCT in CA and a few other short ones.
I still think they all end too soon.

Dogwood
07-05-2013, 16:53
Maybe, that's what she's getting at too! You end everthing too soon. :D

tawa
07-05-2013, 16:58
Guys and gals, I have done several other long hikes: Ice Age Trail, Long Trail, Ozark Highlands Trail, bottom 1/4 of the CDT, all the PCT in CA and a few other short ones.
I still think they all end too soon.

----as does life---it goes so fast and often ends so soon. My father is in a nursing home--assisted living facility--and nearly all the guys I talk with say the same thing. "I can't believe I'm where I'm at and that it went by so fast" They seem to only regret the things they didn't do or didn't finish! Wasn't it the movie Shawshank Redemption--when Morgan Freeman told the fellow prisoner that was suffering with his state of being--"That you better decide if your going to start living or keep on dying"