PDA

View Full Version : Vermont Shuttle

Cosmo
07-08-2013, 16:02
Looking for a shuttle from VT 11/30 (Bromley) to Killington (Inn at LT) Aug 11, 12 or 13. Could also do it South to North.

Cosmo

redseal
07-08-2013, 17:24
You could try Rutland Taxi. They service the area and I have used them in the past.

Yukon
07-09-2013, 08:51
I could help ya out on the 11th...

Yukon
07-09-2013, 08:56
I might have spoke too soon, I will find out tonight for sure :)

Yukon
07-16-2013, 14:00
Just realized I forgot to respond back to this, I apologize. I won't be able to help with a shuttle that weekend because my fiancee' and I will be out of town. I had my weekends mixed up!

Hope you have a great hike though!

Jeff
07-16-2013, 17:08
Bus service will get you there. Park at our hostel in Manchester and we will get you to the bus stop to Rutland. From there hourly buses to Inn at the Long Trail.

http://www.thebus.com/routes/rt7commuter.htm

Cosmo
07-17-2013, 08:05
Thanks guys. I've got a shuttle from the ATC list (turns out I know a few locals who are on it--definitely a small world). Now, can you do something about the heat before then?

Cosmo

Yukon
07-17-2013, 09:44
Thanks guys. I've got a shuttle from the ATC list (turns out I know a few locals who are on it--definitely a small world). Now, can you do something about the heat before then?

Cosmo

Tell me about it! Looks like it's going to break this Sunday, hopefully we can get some more "normal" conditions after that.

grnmtngirl
08-08-2013, 20:43
Yukon, I don't know if you are on the ATC list or not, but those of us that network to shuttle out of the Southern VT/Williamstown/North Adams area maybe able to bounce some shuttle requests we get and can't fulfill in your direction if you so choose. I'm not able to provide as many shuttles out of Bennington as I was last summer, and having someone to refer hikers to, especially for the Manchester/Rutland area would be great. Message me if you are interested! Thanks!

See you Sunday, Cosmo!

grnmtngirl
08-08-2013, 21:16
Jeff- This bus is good to know about. I forget about it!

I refer folks to the Green Mt Express from Bennington to Manchester, then the Marble Valley connector to Rutland, but forgot about the one along Route 4. Had someone Peter Pan bus it from Boston to Williamstown before, then there is a weekday Green Mt. Express bus from Williamstown to Bennington, then the connector to Manchester, etc. It's a LONG day for some, if they can time the buses right (which is difficult).

I've also had people ask where other than the TH to park in Manch. The Manch PD is okay with folks parking near Al Ducci's but they'd have to notify the PD first if they do this.

Anyhow, great sharing of the information.