PDA

View Full Version : Life Unbolted, Thanks for giving it a read!

Life Unbolted
07-09-2013, 18:53
Greetings all,

I offered my book, Life Unbolted for free last week and some 2,500 readers took me up on the offer! I just wanted to say thanks for the read. My decision to give the eBook was simple, "Generosity starts for the heart and not the wallet"

Happy and peaceful trails!

Patrick

Wise Old Owl
07-09-2013, 19:32
http://www.amazon.com/Life-Unbolted-Journey-Starting-ebook/dp/B00APPXGFQ#reader_B00APPXGFQ

rocketsocks
07-09-2013, 19:46
Thanks again, I've yet to tackle it...but will move it to the top of my reading list...

tawa
07-09-2013, 20:46
Greetings all,

I offered my book, Life Unbolted for free last week and some 2,500 readers took me up on the offer! I just wanted to say thanks for the read. My decision to give the eBook was simple, "Generosity starts for the heart and not the wallet"

Happy and peaceful trails!

Patrick

Thanks Patrick. You indeed are generous with a warm heart.

markdek
07-18-2013, 10:33
As an Atheist/Skeptic, I'm finding the book hard to read from the get go. Actually, just a bit hard to read in general. Patrick's not even on the trail for 100 miles and he's gone too metaphysical for me, so much so that it's a distraction. If that's how it was experienced, so be it. But it seems odd that these transformational moments happened even before his trail persona/legs even developed.

However, due to the good reviews and the generous sharing of his book on WhiteBlaze, I will try and push through the book and, therefore, take it in it's totality...and then see what I think.

Fog Horn
07-18-2013, 12:38
As an Atheist/Skeptic, I'm finding the book hard to read from the get go. Actually, just a bit hard to read in general. Patrick's not even on the trail for 100 miles and he's gone too metaphysical for me, so much so that it's a distraction. If that's how it was experienced, so be it. But it seems odd that these transformational moments happened even before his trail persona/legs even developed.

However, due to the good reviews and the generous sharing of his book on WhiteBlaze, I will try and push through the book and, therefore, take it in it's totality...and then see what I think.

I think for a lot of people, just getting to the starting line is a transformational experience. I had it all figured out and all the logistics accounted for, and then life got in the way. Now I feel like I should take the AT off my dream list simply because the odds of me ever getting to experience a thru-hike on the AT seem, from this standpoint, to be astronomical. I think if I ever got to stand there at the tip of the trail with a thru hike ahead of me, I would cry.

I'm an atheist as well, but I wouldn't last ten minutes on the trail in a thru hike attempt without feeling like the experience transformed me. Just my two cents. I missed the freebee day, so I haven't read the book.

garyp
07-18-2013, 21:34
I havn't downloaded it yet. I am sorry. I have heard a few some good things about it though.