PDA

View Full Version : Maryland section hike... DONE!

Nutbrown
07-10-2013, 09:17
I've been sectioning with a group of friends for the past 6 years. This year we started in Pa, and hiked south to Harpers Ferry. We spent 4 days in beautiful weather and met fabulous people. We hiked more miles per day than ever before, and I think it made me love the trail that much more. It was relatively easy, and I came away feeling more at peace with myself. I miss the trail, and wish I could section for longer, and more often. One day I'll be able to, but for now, my prescription for staying centered is looking forward to the next section.

I'm not sure if I met any of you on the trail over July 4-8th, but if I did, it was definitely a pleasure.

I wrote a short blog about it. http://dehydratingcaterpillars.blogspot.com/ I'll bet some of you feel the same way.

So until next time, much love.

Bird

Captn
07-10-2013, 22:50
How was the water situation on the trail?

Nutbrown
07-11-2013, 08:21
We hiked southbound. Water was fine. The Ensign Cowell shelter has a box spring that is full, but still. I filled up at the parks. The Ed Garvey shelter has quite a hike to the spring, so I hauled the water up from Gathland park. Either way you hike, there's plenty of water, and also plenty of flush toilets! You can get a hot shower at Dahlgren campground.