PDA

View Full Version : NEMO tents rock!! OBI-2P

07-10-2013, 17:35
My daughter broke her tent pole trying to hurry, she also lost a part the tent pole goes into. I contacted NEMO company and 3 days later the new parts arrive. No questions asked. This tent now has 1150 miles on it and has never leaked a single drop. Ice, snow, wind, powerful storms and not a single leak, or anything wrong with it except a little carelessness. She sleeps in it more than any shelter so it sure has got some use. I stayed in it during trail days and her dog, we had plenty of room and our packs stayed dry under the rain fly.

moytoy
07-10-2013, 22:04
I have a OBI-1P and I agree it a great little tent, but you don't see many on WB talking NEMO.

Namtrag
07-10-2013, 22:14
Where can I find NEMO?

seriously, our local outfitter is carrying them now, and has a rental program, so we can try one for a very reasonable rate! We are going to on our next trip.

Cgconrad
09-09-2013, 15:31
Any experience with the OBI-1P?

moytoy
09-09-2013, 15:33
I've used one for three years and like it. Good quality tent.

moytoy
09-09-2013, 16:32
I thought Stick had a video review of the OBI 1P but I can't seem to find it. I'm still looking.

Namtrag
09-09-2013, 16:45
We hiked with some people who had rented the 2P version, and it was tiny. Would be ok for one person, but they were not happy trying to fit in it at the same time! lol

Charlie Pickens
01-29-2014, 17:19
We found a Nemo Losi 3p for $104 @ the Jax Fl REI garage sale recently. It was defect free and was just a return after 1 use by a newly married couple who wanted a bigger tent. It is plenty big for the wife and I plus packs. The vestibules are also sizeable. We set it up same night after buying it at Anastasia State Park located in St Augustine on the beach.The tent held up strong in a rain storm with high winds AND no leaks. We were able to set it up really quick. The Losi 3p weighs in at around 5 lbs so it is not what I would use on my own backpacking but since my wife and I are going to share the load its not a big deal. We'll be using it on an upcoming section hike of the AT in mid April 2014

sillar68
02-01-2014, 22:30
I had a Nemo Espri 2p for a couple of seasons. It was well made and the design well thought out. I sold it because I thought it was a little heavy and wanted to try a hiking pole set up, but I kind of regret selling it now.

Brently
02-02-2014, 19:41
We use the Losi 3p and love it! It has roughly 500 miles on it and we're using it on our thru Starting in April!

Army Ant
02-03-2014, 11:02
Nemo meta 1P. Absolutely waterproof! Lightweight, huge vestibule, love this tent!

Damn Yankee
02-03-2014, 11:13
Nemo meta 1P. Absolutely waterproof! Lightweight, huge vestibule, love this tent!
Hey Army Ant, good to see another RI on here. I am surprised at how many there are. I have used the Meta 1P and thought it was a great tent in a small package but, moving up to the 2P just for more room. And there service is awesome.

RedBeerd
02-03-2014, 12:44
I returned my OBI 1P after a week of use. I found it very long and narrow. Solid tent, it just didn't fit me! Felt much more coffin like than my favorite tent, BA FC UL1. Also, the rain fly doesn't cover the head of the tent completely and on a cold night the moisture got the head of my sleeping bag very wet.

punkin pie
02-05-2014, 19:44
I used a Nemo Obi on my AT thru hike. I felt that is was in between a 1p and a 2p tent. It gave me a little extra room in case I had to stow my pack in the tent with me. Usually I set my pack and boots in one vestibule and used the other to get in and out. Although it was a tad heavy, I felt the extra room was worth it.
I also own a Nemo Losi which my wife and I use when we go out together. We usually split the tent, poles and rain fly up between us to lighten the load. I am very happy with my Nemo tents.