PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service at Katadyn

garyp
07-12-2013, 21:43
:banana:banana

I have to say that I am very impressed with Katadyn's customer service. I purchased a Katadyn Hiker Pro about 2 months ago. About 3 weeks ago I got to take it out on a packing trip and I used the heck out of it. It was a blistering 112-115 Deg in the canyon I was in. The people who set up camp next to us were impressed with our filter and we also filled up their water bladders too because they were having problems with their filter they brought.

So when I got home I cleaned it and took it apart to dry. I noticed that I didn't have the filter protector on my filter like my instructions said to take off. First I went to my local store where I purchased it (Not REI) and due to the fact it was over 30 days, they said I had to contact the manufacturer. So I contacted Katadyn via E-mail and offered to purchase the missing filter protector.

Within 2 days I received a response from one of their customer service reps named Sarah. She asked where I bought it from and if I could take a few pictures for her. I took the pictures as requested. I even used the box I still had to show the upc code for her reverence if she needed it. She noticed I didn't have the quick disconnects either. I thought the pictures on the box were what I could do with it because it didn't show the sponge I had in the bag either.

Sarah then emailed me again and told me she is shipping out the missing items and wouldn't allow me to pay for them either. Katadyn has definitely made a repeat customer with me. My son's scout troop is going to purchase some water filters in the next few weeks and I will do my best to make sure that they use Katadyn with customer service like this.

Thank you Katadyn.

Firefighter503
07-15-2013, 07:51
Great to hear. I have a Katadyn Pro myself, and used the crap out of it on my longest section hike (650 miles, no problems), but have since switched to AM/Sweetwater/bleach unless I know I am going to be somewhere that I will def. need a filter.

Trail Bug
07-15-2013, 14:52
I have had to use their customer service twice and both times the part was mailed to my house at no charge. Great company.