PDA

View Full Version : "Special People"

Mother Natures Son
07-13-2013, 15:12
This was an interesting week. What made it more interesting is that some of the people I know are "speical". (If you know what I mean.) I often found myself going to a happy place. In my case, it is the AT. Has anyone else done this?

da fungo
07-13-2013, 16:20
Depends.

By special people, do you mean:

Special needs people, or

Specially demanding people?

ofbman
07-13-2013, 16:54
My retirement pt job is driving a small school bus equipped for handicapped and/or "special needs" kids. It has been a blessing to be with the innocent and needful kids who, for the most part are more loving and appreciative than "normal" kids. Some of the parents are great, some are rotten, but the special people provide an opportunity to give some comfort while reminding us that no matter what life throws at us there are others who need us and can make us proud to be able to assist them in some way.

Rasty
07-13-2013, 17:04
I'm assuming that Mother Natures Son means "Special" in the "Your an Idiot" kind of way and not the "Special Needs" way from reading his previous posts. We all have that friend, coworker or family member who is "special".

Malto
07-13-2013, 17:47
It must be something in the PA water. I have a serious need to hit the trail to clense myself of special people. Maybe then Grand Canyon of PA tomorrow. Wonder how it compares to the real one?

rocketsocks
07-13-2013, 17:55
This was an interesting week. What made it more interesting is that some of the people I know are "speical". (If you know what I mean.) I often found myself going to a happy place. In my case, it is the AT. Has anyone else done this?

Absolutely, I often go to my special place (Hiking) to recharge the batteries and cleanse myself of the worlds "Special people" (if that's what you're calling ignits).

Ron Haven
07-13-2013, 22:58
I know exactly what you mean Mother Nature. Another thing, I seldom have ever been hiking that I didn't run into someone I know.

Lone Wolf
07-13-2013, 23:28
This was an interesting week. What made it more interesting is that some of the people I know are "speical". (If you know what I mean.) I often found myself going to a happy place.

what in heck are you talkin' about?

Teacher & Snacktime
07-13-2013, 23:41
what in heck are you talkin' about?

cranky folk, I think....

Armywife
07-14-2013, 12:32
Almost every person I am related to is 'special'. I have a wonderful husband, but he is flipty billion miles away in the sandbox so that leaves me with those that are just so speechul. I have realized over the years, as we change addresses and countries that the best way to handle the speeshul ones are to forget to give them our number or address for as long as possible. Mostly it works. For the times it does not...I just smile and remind myself that they are too busy to follow me to the trail. :D

Kookork
07-14-2013, 13:35
There is even a trail food for special people, SpecialK.

Alligator
07-14-2013, 14:54
what in heck are you talkin' about?Yeah.

What are you talking about? Try it again if you can be a little more informative about what you want the thread topic to be.