PDA

View Full Version : anyone willing to hike with me? PA

cherrypie
07-16-2013, 15:41
Hi I'm looking for someone between 30-45 preferably men to hike with me on weekends I dont mind over night stay that will be actually perfect The problem is i haven't hike in years so I'm not in shape and prolly will slow you down But I'm not looking to do marathon just walk enjoy the nature if I wont be able do the whole trail oh well i may do it next time I will go by my self and not bother anyone but with no experience(im afraid i may get lost lol) and sleeping alone in woods is bit scary and all my friends are lazy to go Its not one time thing i will like to go more then just once I live in Bucks county PA and don't mind to travel So if there is someone nice willing to take me plz hit my inbox thank you :)

rocketsocks
07-16-2013, 15:53
:welcometo white blaze

I don't have anything planned for this summer...to darn hot...stay tuned though.

...oh i'm across the river from ya in Jersey...County Mercer...as the Irish would say!

PosterNutbag
07-16-2013, 16:39
this sounds like a female? how about an 18 year old male?

cherrypie
07-16-2013, 17:25
Thank you Rocketsocks and the pictures are awesome As for you Posternutbag yes I'm female I don't think age really matter i just thought it will be better to find someone in my age category

Teacher & Snacktime
07-16-2013, 18:15
Maybe someone older and equally out of shape? Rocketsocks says we may see you in the fall....cool. :)

Toli
07-16-2013, 18:37
Hi I'm looking for someone between 30-45 preferably men to hike with me on weekends I dont mind over night stay that will be actually perfect The problem is i haven't hike in years so I'm not in shape and prolly will slow you down But I'm not looking to do marathon just walk enjoy the nature if I wont be able do the whole trail oh well i may do it next time I will go by my self and not bother anyone but with no experience(im afraid i may get lost lol) and sleeping alone in woods is bit scary and all my friends are lazy to go Its not one time thing i will like to go more then just once I live in Bucks county PA and don't mind to travel So if there is someone nice willing to take me plz hit my inbox thank you :)

Check out this thread... http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?95690-Grand-Canyon-of-PA

Toli
07-16-2013, 18:39
:welcometo white blaze

I don't have anything planned for this summer...to darn hot...stay tuned though.
...oh i'm across the river from ya in Jersey...County Mercer...as the Irish would say!

Im still waiting for you to invite me on a hike :)...

rocketsocks
07-16-2013, 19:05
Im still waiting for you to invite me on a hike :)...

I'm sorry....Toli, will you please come hiking with me? :) I'm serious now...lets do this thing!

kidchill
07-16-2013, 19:52
If you still need a partner once it starts cooling off, I live in central PA. I wouldn't mind re-hiking the area around Hamburg (primarily for Knifes Edge and the Pinnacle). I had to do both in the pouring down rain! I'm about 45minutes or so from Duncannon. If you get out this way, I'd recommend Old Logger's path, the waterfall trail at Ricketts Glen, and the Allegheny Front Trail in Black Moshannon. Check out http://www.pahikes.com

Disco
07-16-2013, 20:15
Welcome to WhiteBlaze! I've day-hiked 130 miles of PA from PenMar, MD to Rt501, so I'd be interested in hiking anywhere along the remainder of PA from Rt501 to Delaware Water Gap. Recent daily rain have kept me home, now it's the oppressive heat. Kidchill is certainly correct in recommending the Falls Trail at Ricketts Glen! Keep us posted on your plans. I'd love to meet and hike with all of you. Thanks!

Silent Stroll
07-17-2013, 14:45
Pinnacle trail loop or Hawk Mtn Santuary (as I have a family membership so friends are free) any Tuesday or Friday. I'm in Hershey and hike the trail from Swatara Gap to Lehigh on my days off. Lots of people on Pinnacle unless its hot or snowy. Pinnacle with 5 inches of falling snow this past winter was fantastic.

Hangman
07-23-2013, 21:36
could do 3 or 4 days most anytime. I have thru hiked in 07 and have done lots of pa several times....

BadLatitude
08-06-2013, 11:52
Im 35 and just got back into hiking/backpacking After many years or doing just about everything else. The knees and back aren't the best so im no speed demon. That and I just quit a 2 pack a day smoking habit. Planning on hitting the trail and doing some day hikes and over nights then a long hike in the fall from CT/NY border to the Inn up in killington VT for a cold beer.

BadLatitude
08-06-2013, 13:31
Weird my edit didn't work. O_o I added that for day hikes and single over night hikes. Id most likely have my fiancée and my husky with me also.

QHShowoman
08-06-2013, 17:05
Also, check out traildames.com and see if there's a chapter in your area. It's a great way to hike with others (although all women) at a pace that is better suited to someone trying to get back in hiking shape.

Disco
08-06-2013, 19:15
Gee, QHShowoman, isn't traildames.com a sexist organization? Makes me want to start a group for men called traillovehandles&beerbellies.com. :datz:datz:datz:datz

Wise Old Owl
08-06-2013, 19:17
My last PM from Cherrypie suggested she solved this.

QHShowoman
08-06-2013, 21:31
Disco - You can start a men's only club. It just needs to be a membership organization that collects dues from members so it can legally be single-sex.

Wise Old Owl
08-06-2013, 22:15
http://www.traildames.com/images/Pennsylvania.png

limo wrote.......

I'm the mother of two sons who are now 20 and 18 years old. For a whole bunch of years I was very active in their Boy Scout activities. I was an assistant scoutmaster and spent a lot of time volunteering with boys, where I was usually the only female in the group. Now that my boys are done with scouting, it's time to add adults and estrogen to my life.
As the leader of the Delaware Valley Chapter of Trail Dames, I offer monthly hikes that focus on friendships made and the laughs echoed into the world. We concentrate on easily accessed trails in our area with lovely scenery. And if you're up for it, we are even planning a backpacking trip or two each year.
I'm excited to meet you and to see where this will go in the future. I hope you'll join me as we walk and laugh, and explore the trails. Let's feel good about ourselves and make new friends along the way! - Lori, aka Limo

totally cool ... I think I have seen this site in the past here at WB... Sounds like a great group of people...

Symba
08-15-2013, 18:13
I'm going to do a shakedown hike Friday in to Saturday; supposed to be nice, NJ area section if interested. Let me know, IM me and I'll check later. I'll be driving to Newton, NJ tomorrow and then possibly the Culvers lake section south to another's vehicle or loop it if alone. Spending one night out.

Dogwood
08-15-2013, 21:25
Thank you Rocketsocks and the pictures are awesome As for you Posternutbag yes I'm female I don't think age really matter i just thought it will be better to find someone in my age category

I would think with a user name like Cherrypie you would be female. :D Welcome to the WB nuthouse.

Free_bird
08-16-2013, 15:11
August 28th or 29th, My cousin, her boyfriend and I are taking a overnight hike In the Catskills near Tannersville, NY if your intrested. Ive done the hike once b4 and was great. The hike has a twin tier waterfall on the way up the mountain and we usually camp out there and come back down in the morning. If interested, inbox me.