PDA

View Full Version : Two US veterans hiking for returning service men and women: PTSD and unemployment

Toolshed
07-17-2013, 16:49
https://www.facebook.com/HikingHeroes

MISSION: 07.11.13

APPALACHIAN TRAIL HIKE

Two U.S. veterans embark on an inspiring journey across 14 states to shine a spotlight on one of the most critical issues facing our returning service men and women: unemployment. These courageous heroes will overcome physical and mental injuries sustained in service to hike all 2,200 miles while searching for new opportunities to improve their lives and those of their families.

Great effort!!

Fog Horn
07-17-2013, 17:27
My fiance and I are both veteran's. We went to a few of those veteran's job fairs and they were atrocious. The only job offerings they bothered to display for veterans were fast food working, insurance sales, delivery driving and warehouse jobs. It's like they assume that the only thing we are qualified for are the same jobs we would have held in high school. It was a very disappointing experience. Veteran's have a lot to offer an employer, and it would be nice if employers could put a little faith in veteran's.

I hope they raise awareness.

markdek
07-17-2013, 19:48
Too bad their using Facebook to document the journey......so many better ways to do it.

Rain Man
07-17-2013, 21:19
I admire their intentions and efforts and certainly wish them well.

Rain Man

DeerPath
07-18-2013, 09:23
i admire their intentions and efforts and certainly wish them well.

Rain man

ditto.......