PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle offer from Baxter State Park

Icicle
07-30-2005, 12:36
Well, I have booked my ticket to Maine to be there when my husband finishes his thru hike!! Very excited!!

I will only be hiking up Katahdin with him, so that leaves me with 5 or so days that I will have a rental car, and nothing to do....

So if anyone knows of anyone that needs a shuttle from Baxter State Park to Millinocket (and possibly Bangor, Portland), I will be in the area from September 23 to September 30.

I will be staying at the Appalachian Trail Lodge in Millinocket.

Name's Icicle....but if PM'd I might offer my real name! ;)

TJ aka Teej
07-31-2005, 21:47
I will be in the area from September 23 to September 30.A wonderful time to be in the Katahdin area! Be sure to start your hike to Baxter Peak wicked early in the day. Bring lots of film for all the moose, and your winter jacket for the cold cold nights. And please be careful to watch for moose in the roads north of Augusta, especially around dusk, which will come very early. You'll find *tons* of GAMErs finishing up around then, many needing rides between town and the Park. Have a great time!

TJ aka Teej
ALDHA Companion volunteer, Caratunk > Katahdin

Icicle
08-01-2005, 04:34
You'll find *tons* of GAMErs finishing up around then, many needing rides between town and the Park. Have a great time!
Thanks! I am really excited about giving some trail shuttle magic!! I hope to see loads of people that my husband (Snowman) and I started the hike with back in March!

Thanks for the warning about the Moose on the roads....will drive carefully!

AND I am excited to be hiking up Katahdin with Snowman! In training at the moment! ;)

Red Hat
08-01-2005, 12:44
Icicle, you know how much I wish I could be there too.... all my hiking buddies should be finishing up about that time. If I had the money, I'd catch a plane and head up. But, alas, it can not be. So say hi to everyone for me! (especially Snowman, Dorothy and Toto, and the Go Light Go Easy Group - the Gypsy sisters, Cuppa Joe, Scholar, Sunshine, and all) I miss the people more than the trail.... Red Hat

Icicle
08-01-2005, 12:59
Red Hat, I wish you could be there too!!! Won't be the same without you! I will send greetings to everyone, and that's a promise! I miss the people too, but I miss the TRAIL too...I miss being in the woods and everything involved in it....You don't know how many times I have been tempted to pack it in here and head back!

And some days are better than others....today...not such a good day...blah...but it is Monday!

TJ aka Teej
08-01-2005, 18:29
Snowman on Katahdin! :D
http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/7595/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

Debbie
08-01-2005, 21:43
Does anyone know anybody leaving Baxter State Park for Monson or general area on August 15 or 16? I'm hiking north from Monson and should be there by then. A ride back sure would be appreciated.

Debbie/SeaEagle

Icicle
08-02-2005, 04:31
Snowman on Katahdin! :D
http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/7595/sort/1/cat/500/page/1
Cute! Although the Snowman I am referring to is a lot better looking! :D