PDA

View Full Version : Threads with Posts Disapearing

Ridge
07-30-2005, 15:18
Why are Threads along with the Posts disappearing from White Blaze?

Example: Four Boy Scout leaders die in Va. accident

I've used the "search" and all is missing.

saimyoji
07-30-2005, 15:49
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9640

weary
07-30-2005, 15:53
I don't know why they disappeared as active threads, but if you open "new Posts" bounce to the bottom of the screen and click on archives, and then on "General AT Talk" (it's at the bottom of a lengthy list) you will find the posts that have "disappeared."

Weary

attroll
07-30-2005, 16:14

Example: Four Boy Scout leaders die in Va. accident

I've used the "search" and all is missing.

Ridge

It did not disapear. I moved it to the "General-Non-AT talk" forums. Since it was not AT related. It could be that you do not have access to those forums. If you or amyone else would like access to those forums. Go to the Navbar and pick USERCP then go to GROUP MEMBERSHPS then from there you can join any groups that you are not now subscribed to.

Ridge
07-30-2005, 16:30
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9640

Link tells me I do not have permission to access.

Ridge
07-30-2005, 16:36
Ridge

It did not disapear. I moved it to the "General-Non-AT talk" forums. Since it was not AT related. It could be that you do not have access to those forums. If you or amyone else would like access to those forums. Go to the Navbar and pick USERCP then go to GROUP MEMBERSHPS then from there you can join any groups that you are not now subscribed to.

Sorry, I just got a little excited because it reminded me of the days when I used Wingfoot's Trailplace website which had questionable things happen. Thanks for getting me straight. hikerwife

attroll
07-30-2005, 16:45
No problem. I hope you were not comparing this site top Wingfoots. LOL.

saimyoji
07-30-2005, 20:42
EGADS!!! BAN HER!! :bse

Ridge
07-30-2005, 23:54
No problem. I hope you were not comparing this site top Wingfoots. LOL.I have to admit it scared me into a "Flashback of Trailplace" and I am so thankful, due to my inexperience with WB, it was just me.

For myself, WB allows me to hike the AT with all of its members, in all sorts of weather, with all kinds of gear, with tall tails and straight talks all from the confines of my home. The only thing better would be actually doing it. This is not just a "Site" its a "Community with a Mission". I love it!!

attroll
07-31-2005, 01:36
I have to admit it scared me into a "Flashback of Trailplace" and I am so thankful, due to my inexperience with WB, it was just me.

For myself, WB allows me to hike the AT with all of its members, in all sorts of weather, with all kinds of gear, with tall tails and straight talks all from the confines of my home. The only thing better would be actually doing it. This is not just a "Site" its a "Community with a Mission". I love it!!
Wow, your going to make me cry here.

SGT Rock
07-31-2005, 10:10
:D Glad our philosophy is appreciated. Ridge, your statement almost says exactly what Troll and I discussed a couple of years ago when we took the site over.