PDA

View Full Version : Just moved Richmond from Ohio ODHC ?

earlyriser26
07-23-2013, 22:33
While I was born in Virginia, I have lived most my life in Ohio. That said, I took care of a section of the trail in Maine for two years. Any old Dominion members on WB? Just retired and looking for something to do. Tell me about your club. Thinking about joining.

Onedawg
07-24-2013, 07:25
Welcome to Richmond. I live on the south side. We just had a thread about Midlothian area hikers. There seem to be quite a few of us in the Richmond area. I don't know of a club, but I would be interested.

earlyriser26
07-24-2013, 10:11
I am in the short pump area.

HikerMom58
07-24-2013, 10:23
While I was born in Virginia, I have lived most my life in Ohio. That said, I took care of a section of the trail in Maine for two years. Any old Dominion members on WB? Just retired and looking for something to do. Tell me about your club. Thinking about joining.

Thank you so much your trail maintenance work. Much appreciated!! I hope you can join up with the Richmond group of hikers on here. It's nice someone just started a thread, just for hikers in the Richmond VA area. Did you say you saw it?

Namtrag
07-24-2013, 12:04
I will put a plug in for the Obsessive Compulsive Backpackers meetup group...lots of us your age earlyriser.

http://www.meetup.com/OCBackpackers/

We are loosely based in Southeastern Va (Norfolk/Va Beach/Chespeake/Hampton), but we have several members from Richmond, Charlottesville, Roanoke, etc. Gunny is one of our more active member/trip organizers and he lives in Richmond.

You will find many meetup groups around hiking/backpacking that tend more toward just hiking, but we are all about backpacking.

Onedawg
07-24-2013, 14:17
maybe the OCBackpackers need a Richmond chapter?

Namtrag
07-24-2013, 14:22
maybe the OCBackpackers need a Richmond chapter?

Haha, true...we more or less do with Gunny, he co-organizes almost every trip! We pass through Richmond no matter where we're going, as the route to the mountains goes through there, so the location of our group doesn't matter too much.