PDA

View Full Version : Ever Been in the Medicine Bow Wilderness ?

Footslogger
07-31-2005, 19:43
Well ...since Blister Sister called off the shuttle I was supposed to run, and I already had my pack loaded, I decided to head up into the Medicine Bow Wilderness (west of Laramie, WY) for the weekend. It was a great hike and I even caught a couple trout. My luck turned sour today though and a wicked storm blew in during my descent. Had to skidaddle fast to avoid getting stranded at the higher elevations ...but not before I managed to pop off some good shots of the trail and scenery. Check out the link below:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/150/cat/500

'Slogger

Sly
07-31-2005, 20:17
Great photos and another reminder why I like western hiking better. How did the Lunar Solo work out?

Footslogger
07-31-2005, 20:48
Great photos and another reminder why I like western hiking better. How did the Lunar Solo work out?===========================================
Well ...I was gonna head down to Encampment (even though Blister had doubled back to Steamboat) and hike in south on the CDT. But the Medicine Bow Wilderness is a lot closer. Did some trail and some off-trail (thanks to the GPS the wife bought me for my birthday) hiking. There's so much up there it would take a life time to see it all. Only problem is the weather, as you know. Man, that squall blew in like nobody's business.

The LunarSolo e worked like a champ. Gosh, I like that little tent. Everying you need and nothing you don't. Best thing is that you don't have to carry any special poles and it only takes 6 stakes to pitch. I had Ron Moak move the rear tie-outs on mine and used them on this trip. Really made a difference in keeping the backside of the tent up and away from me.

Glad you like the pics. I had a ton more but didn't want to overdo it.

'Slogger

TakeABreak
07-31-2005, 21:44
Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Mags
08-01-2005, 11:36
Nice pics! Have not done any hiking in the Medicine Bows in almost 5 yrs. Time to go back...

Thanks for sharing!