PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for shuttle from Neel's Gap to Springer

Wanderlust77
07-25-2013, 19:41
Can anyone suggest a person or company to contact to take 2 people from Neel's Gap to Springer Mountain? I contacted the Hiker's Hostel but, at least at this time, we don't plan on staying at the hostel, so that's out. We wouldn't need it until the end of September. Also, if you have a suggestions, contact info would be super helpful, if you have it.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

mcstick
07-25-2013, 20:03
Call here.

http://www.mountaincrossings.com/category-s/1944.htm

MuddyWaters
07-25-2013, 20:10
There is a whole list of shuttle providers for every state on the ATC website.

I can highly recommend spending the night at Hiker Hostel though. For $18, you will be glad you did.

ATC has a list on their website.

Mountain crossings has more, some employees there will sometimes

Sally and Joyce are popular.

Wanderlust77
07-25-2013, 20:50
Terrific. Thank you both very much.

nu2hike
07-25-2013, 21:01
+1for Sally & Joyce! I've used them several times! Good people! Reasonable rates!

daddytwosticks
07-26-2013, 07:24
Wes Wisson. Don't have his number handy. I know it has been posted here on Whiteblaze. Perhaps do a search. He's a walking encyclopedia about that part of the trail. His stories make the drive go that much faster. :)

kidchill
07-26-2013, 19:43
You can always call the outfitter at Neel's Gap. I'm pretty sure Lumpy lives there, and he gave me a ride to the ATL airport. He probably wouldn't mind me giving you his number, but PM first so I'm not blindly posting it on here. Also, he's super knowledgeable about the trail.

Dogwood
07-26-2013, 21:32
Wes Wisson. Don't have his number handy. I know it has been posted here on Whiteblaze. Perhaps do a search. He's a walking encyclopedia about that part of the trail. His stories make the drive go that much faster. :)

+1 Ditto. He shuttles all over northern GA. I have his card but not on me though.

daddytwosticks
07-27-2013, 13:32
+1 Ditto. He shuttles all over northern GA. I have his card but not on me though. Last June when I shuttled with him, he was experiencing some bad health. Won't go into details here. Hope he's doing OK. :)

Berry Belle
09-24-2013, 22:03
This June I got shuttles both with Joyce and Sally and with Wes. Both were reliable, friendly and reasonably priced. I'd use either again.