PDA

View Full Version : Klymit inertia x wave

blackwater slim
07-26-2013, 21:49
I just got this 3/4 length pad. 4 big breaths and about 15-20 pumps on the little bulb (like a bulb on a blood pressure deal). I'm 6'5" and it hits me just about 4 -6 inches above the knee. For warm weather I think it will be enough. Cold weather I plan on using my thermarest sol lite regular pad. I like it and can't wait to try it on the trail.
What say you?

blackwater slim
07-26-2013, 21:50
Plan to use it with the so lite pad

Dogwood
07-27-2013, 01:54
Exped Syn Mat UL 7

Sounds like sleeping luxury when you combine the Inertia X wave with the Sol Lite. I've been taking a closer look lately at Klymit and Exped inflatable pads. I'm seeing possible sleeping pad combinations that I like for myself under particular situations. They wouldn't necessarily be the lightess in wt but I would get positive trade offs that may be worth it TO ME under some sleeping scenarios. The Klymit Inertia X Wave(48"X25", 10.5 oz) and Exped Syn Mat UL 7 in small size(64"X 20", 14.5 oz, R =3.1) are the ones I've been most interested in. Personally, instead of combining it with the Sol Lite I would pair it with a lighter wt insulating CCF pad for colder weather to save a few ozs and possibly some bulk.

Exped Syn Mat UL 7

blackwater slim
07-27-2013, 08:05
I have the large size exped synmat ul 7. It just takes a lot to inflate and deflate. I guess its just impatience on my part. Very comfortable but I like the quick set up and take down of the klymit and closed cell pad combo. My exped had a slow leak a couple of nights and I slept on hard ground. With the closed cell foam I would always have some padding even if the klymit failed. Just experimenting like most gear junkies till I "get it right".

blackwater slim
08-17-2013, 20:33
thats the ridgerest sol lite that I have. wasn't clear on that

Not Sunshine
08-18-2013, 07:37
I also have the 3/4 length pad. I think I slept BETTER than my 2.5" loft because i didn't wake up if I wasn't perfectly centered on the pad (when the pad was only 1/2 under me, I could barely notice). Sounds like a rough night of sleep, but I actually liked it better. Mine is the Klymit Inertia X-lite.