PDA

View Full Version : Grease Attact

Mother Natures Son
07-27-2013, 19:15
Near the end of a resent hike, I had the worst Grease Attack I ever had in all my many years of hiking. Why do hikers (almost always) have a Grease Attack?

Wise Old Owl
07-27-2013, 19:52
confusing - do you mean McDonald's Fries or anal leakage?:confused: (something I heard about when consuming some potato chips)

Magic_Mack
07-28-2013, 20:26
WHat the F?

Rasty
07-28-2013, 20:53
Fried Chicken?

Lone Wolf
07-28-2013, 21:06
Near the end of a resent hike, I had the worst Grease Attack I ever had in all my many years of hiking. Why do hikers (almost always) have a Grease Attack?

i ain't never had no grease attack. and i've hiked way more than most

Wise Old Owl
07-28-2013, 21:07
Sorry didn't mean to kill the thread... never heard of a "Grease Attact" besides I use butter buds.

OzJacko
07-28-2013, 21:08
I would ask for more information except I think I have already have too much information....

But seriously, any significant change in diet will affect bodily functions.
Hiking diets have little similarity to "at home" diets.

rocketsocks
07-28-2013, 21:17
Near the end of a resent hike, I had the worst Grease Attack I ever had in all my many years of hiking. Why do hikers (almost always) have a Grease Attack?I kinda get this if I eat to many greasy potato chips, pretty hard to digest hydrogenated oils, I would think, the stuff is pure poison.

Rolls Kanardly
07-28-2013, 21:29

"Montazuma's Revenge", extremely explosive, no warning, and can be real embarassing. Bad food, bad day, etc.
Rolls Kanardly

The Ace
07-28-2013, 21:30
Just avoid resent hikes.

Just Bill
07-28-2013, 21:43
i ain't never had no grease attack. and i've hiked way more than most
Mother Nature's Son- assuming you aren't simply having fun at others expense, as that sort of thing rarely happens here, the condition you describe is called runner's trots.
It affects primarily runners as the name implies, but affects hikers as well, especially in warmer months and new terrain as your body adapts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runner%27s_diarrhea If by chance you did start this thread for nefarious reasons, well, you asked for it. (I'm a one hit wonder, but it keeps getting airtime) Oh I used to poop, like a healthy young man, yes nice strong logs, sturdy as spam.
Like a master plumber, I laid some pipe. My sphincter closed tighter than an angler on a pike.
So I went to the doc, to see what he'd say, so I could leave the toilet, sometime today.
He told me straight, my butt had the flu, flinging poo like the monkey's at the zoo.

Anal leakage, drippin down my knee,
Anal leakage, my pooper failed me,
Anal leakage, my ass don't work,
Anal leakage, it ain't funny Jerk!
- Anal leakage (by yours truly)

Cookerhiker
07-28-2013, 21:48
Just avoid resent hikes.

Best response of the thread.

Wise Old Owl
07-28-2013, 21:49
In documents marked "Confidential and Proprietary," Frito-Lay admits that olestra caused "anal oil leakage" in a study commissioned by the company. Olestra is the controversial non-caloric fat substitute marketed by Procter & Gamble. Last April, Frito-Lay became the first company to market olestra-containing chips. It sold a line of "Max" potato chips and corn chips in three test markets. It is expected to begin a new test market in Indianapolis in several days.
The Frito-Lay report states: "The anal oil leakage symptoms were observed in this study (3 to 9% incidence range above background), as well as other changes in elimination. . . . Underwear spotting was statistically significant in one of two low level consumer groups at a 5% incidence above background." Despite those problems, the authors of the report concluded that olestra-containing snacks "should have a high potential for acceptance in the marketplace."
The Frito-Lay documents were obtained by the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI), a nonprofit organization that has opposed the approval and use of olestra.

Just Bill
07-28-2013, 21:58
When your snackfood of choice frequently makes into articles involving "Top 10 firestarters for campers" something is bound to go wrong.

hikerboy57
07-28-2013, 22:07
sounds like you need the one ring that binds us;

sent from my toilet using pottytalk

Just Bill
07-28-2013, 22:18
sounds like you need the one ring that binds us;

sent from my toilet using pottytalk
You mean Funyuns?
Sent from my Kohler Squeeze using B.M. (binary messaging) technology *TM*

Wise Old Owl
07-28-2013, 23:24
All drainage from here....

atraildreamer
07-29-2013, 09:51
...Oh I used to poop, like a healthy young man, yes nice strong logs, sturdy as spam.
Like a master plumber, I laid some pipe. My sphincter closed tighter than an angler on a pike.
So I went to the doc, to see what he'd say, so I could leave the toilet, sometime today.
He told me straight, my butt had the flu, flinging poo like the monkey's at the zoo.

Anal leakage, drippin down my knee,
Anal leakage, my pooper failed me,
Anal leakage, my ass don't work,
Anal leakage, it ain't funny Jerk!
- Anal leakage (by yours truly)

One of the hazards of checking out new posts early in the AM. Those lyrics will be buzzing around in my brain for the rest of the day! :eek: :D:banana

T.S.Kobzol
07-29-2013, 10:17
Bring chocolate or blueberries. it helps to be 100% PIPO compliant....

http://www.mysecuritysign.com/img/lg/K/Pack-in-Pack-Out-Sign-K-7834.gif

Malto
07-29-2013, 11:15
In documents marked "Confidential and Proprietary," Frito-Lay admits that olestra caused "anal oil leakage" in a study commissioned by the company. Olestra is the controversial non-caloric fat substitute marketed by Procter & Gamble. Last April, Frito-Lay became the first company to market olestra-containing chips. It sold a line of "Max" potato chips and corn chips in three test markets. It is expected to begin a new test market in Indianapolis in several days.
The Frito-Lay report states: "The anal oil leakage symptoms were observed in this study (3 to 9% incidence range above background), as well as other changes in elimination. . . . Underwear spotting was statistically significant in one of two low level consumer groups at a 5% incidence above background." Despite those problems, the authors of the report concluded that olestra-containing snacks "should have a high potential for acceptance in the marketplace."
The Frito-Lay documents were obtained by the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI), a nonprofit organization that has opposed the approval and use of olestra.

i worked for the company that made Olestra (P&G) at the time that they were doing the final testing. They did employee studies where you were given a large box of chips and you were supposed to eat a 6 or so ounce bag every day. Of course the reports of "anal leakage" from earlier formulations were on the mind of all the volunteers, half who were given olestra and half were given the control (regular chips). The men were wanting the regular chip, preferring the calories over the risk of the leakage. The women wanted the Olestra, willing to risk a bit of mess vs the huge calorie load of the regular chips.

P&G missed a huge opportunity to test both Olestra and Attends which was a Depend type of adult diaper that was also in P&G's portfolio.

Finally, the issues on Olestra were completely overblown. Some did have an issue with the product but some have issues with other forms of fat hence this entire thread if that's what it is about.

Rasty
07-29-2013, 12:20
If Olestra hadn't had the bad PR this product could have revolutionized the culinary world. Imagine low fat fried chicken.

daddytwosticks
07-29-2013, 15:59
So, when asked "Which chips do you prefer: regular or Olestra", I should just reply, "depends"? :)

Wise Old Owl
07-30-2013, 09:38
I could see that coming....its a slippery slope from here.

Malto
07-30-2013, 11:00
So, when asked "Which chips do you prefer: regular or Olestra", I should just reply, "depends"? :)

That was good!