PDA

View Full Version : Damascus Laundry is now closed

TOW
07-29-2013, 08:15
As of 6 am this morning the laundry here Damascus has closed permanently

Pedaling Fool
07-29-2013, 08:56
Now all you all have to do is close down the food joints and grocery stores and that should keep them stinky hikers out!:)

TOW
07-29-2013, 09:03
This has nothing to do with hikers. It has everything to do with the bills outweighing the profits.....

Praha4
07-29-2013, 09:47
Lone Wolf has a washing machine and likes thru hikers, I'll bet if they ask nicely, he would do their laundry for them :)

Rasty
07-29-2013, 09:49
Lone Wolf has a washing machine and likes thru hikers, I'll bet if they ask nicely, he would do their laundry for them :)

I heard he uses too much starch. :)

Jeff
07-29-2013, 09:50
This has nothing to do with hikers. It has everything to do with the bills outweighing the profits.....

If that is true, then they need to charge the customer more.

Rasty
07-29-2013, 09:56

If that is true, then they need to charge the customer more.

It's a somewhat dying business model. More people own their own machines so less Laundromats can be supported. Charging more makes the customers decision to purchase a machine easier.

mtntopper
07-29-2013, 13:13
I just bought the ultra lite model at Lowes. It fits nicely in my ULA pack. It's a somewhat dying business model. More people own their own machines so less Laundromats can be supported. Charging more makes the customers decision to purchase a machine easier.[/QUOTE]

rocketsocks
07-29-2013, 14:19
I just use a bar of soap, and beat my dodads on a rock in a creek...easy like that.

stone wash...3...2...1

rocketsocks
07-29-2013, 14:36
I just use a bar of soap, and beat my dodads on a rock in a creek...easy like that.

stone wash...3...2...1
Sorry, I was feeling troll ish, besides, I don't do laundry,,,ask my wife.

Toli
07-29-2013, 14:59

stone wash...3...2...1

Never post on WB that you "beat my dodads on a rock"... I'm just sayin' brother... :)

daddytwosticks
07-29-2013, 15:50
Never post on WB that you "beat my dodads on a rock"... I'm just sayin' brother... :)

Maybe should be posted under that old vaseline on my balls thread? :)

Toli
07-29-2013, 16:15
[QUOTE=daddytwosticks;1508400]Maybe should be posted under that old vaseline on my balls thread? :)[/QUOTE

Seriously??? Now that's funny...

Lone Wolf
07-29-2013, 16:16
Lone Wolf has a washing machine and likes thru hikers

no he doesn't and no he doesn't

mcstick
07-29-2013, 16:30
And we joke while somebody went our of business.

atraildreamer
07-29-2013, 19:41

$0.75/pound to wash, dry and fold. :rolleyes: Add $0.25/pound if the laundry is so gross with hiker stink that it tries to crawl away! :eek:
(Then LW has to beat it back to the washing machine with a hiking pole.:D) :banana

LW's laundry room:

LW at work:

LW's laundry crew:

Hikers waiting for their laundry:

But, seriously, sorry to hear the Damascus laundromat is no more. :(

hikerboy57
07-29-2013, 21:13
And we joke while somebody went our of business.
something like 90% of businesses fail within their first two years.not that unusual.if it was a good business, it would still be open.wasnt like walmart put it out of business or somethin, just a bad business model to begin with.i think someone wrote on the dollar changing machine"change is inevitable"

Wise Old Owl
07-29-2013, 21:30

$0.75/pound to wash, dry and fold. :rolleyes: Add $0.25/pound if the laundry is so gross with hiker stink that it tries to crawl away! :eek:
(Then LW has to beat it back to the washing machine with a hiking pole.:D) :banana

LW's laundry room:

LW at work:

LW's laundry crew:

YOU ROCK!...

HB I saw your later post, And coin operated laundrys come and go... the huge surprise to me when I went into several section 8 housing and free laundry have been set up on guess who's dollars... City of Coatesville and Wayne... and parts of Philadelphia...

hikerboy57
07-29-2013, 21:38
YOU ROCK!...

HB I saw your later post, And coin operated laundrys come and go... the huge surprise to me when I went into several section 8 housing and free laundry have been set up on guess who's dollars... City of Coatesville and Wayne... and parts of Philadelphia...
hard for them to survive otherwise. we have five active laundromats in the long beach island park community and theyre all busy. lots of rentals, apartments, with no access to washer/dryers, so theyre not hurting for customers. to boot many have still not repaired their damage from last years storm, which wiped out most everybodys washer/dryers.tell that guy in damscus to open one up here.

RED-DOG
07-30-2013, 13:53
why doesn't some one take one of those old 1960's manual washers set it up under the bridge beside the river, that would be considered a new type of trail magic wouldn't it. I do feel bad about the Laundromat going out of buiness.

coach lou
07-30-2013, 14:16
why doesn't some one take one of those old 1960's manual washers set it up under the bridge beside the river, that would be considered a new type of trail magic wouldn't it. I do feel bad about the Laundromat going out of buiness.
There is life in that river!

kayak karl
07-30-2013, 15:39
any plans to take up the slack? laundromat codes and utility bills are through the roof any more. somebody should consider taking in laundry.

TOW
07-30-2013, 19:14
I am taking laundry for hikers and some locals

HikerMom58
07-30-2013, 20:39

LW's laundry room:

LW at work:

LW's laundry crew:

This is really FUNNY!! I love it!! :)

I am taking laundry for hikers and some locals

I figured you would TOW...always ready to help others in need!! :)

Kaptain Kangaroo
07-31-2013, 07:13
That is a shame..... One of my fondest memories of my thru was getting a haircut in that laundry from one of the friendly local ladies. Iwas doing my laundry & asked where in town I could get a haircut. She said "wait here" & came back 5 minutes later with combs, scissors & even a cape. Gave me a great cut right there in the laundry.
So sad to hear it is closed