PDA

View Full Version : supplies hiked up to you on trail

big moose
07-30-2013, 15:32
i dont no if there is a demand for this. i will hike up supplies hikers need to trail they can call me or contact me on my website www.shawnwhitneyhiking.com (http://www.shawnwhitneyhiking.com) i will bring supplies or givie rides from 11/30 in manchester vt to rt 12 inwoodstock vt also north on long trail to rt 125 rd crossing all they have to do is pay for supplies they need just wondering what people think of this

bigmoose

Majortrauma
07-30-2013, 15:52
Just do it. Sounds like a great idea and something to at least experiment with. You're gonna catch hell for soliciting comments on this though. I'm sure we'll all get an eyefull about permits, taxes, safety,spoilage and wearing blaze orange in hunting season.

Omaha_Ace
07-30-2013, 16:14
Sherpa Moose

snifur
07-30-2013, 16:29
interesting concept. would it be 30 minutes or less? might not be wise to keep a hungry thru-hiker waiting. will you have a single wheeled rickshaw in tow with a sign advertising the wares? i can see the service being viable for some hikers that are intent on pushing through that particular section without coming off the trail. what are you getting out of it?

max patch
07-30-2013, 17:09
Its a generous offer but I really enjoy my one day a week in town so I wouldn't be interested in getting supplied on trail. (Bypass Manchester Center? Thats a great town and to be honest everytime I've hiked in the area I've spent 2 days there.) I'd pay a reasonable rate for a shuttle to town to avoid hitching (even though its an easy hitch). Good luck.

peakbagger
07-30-2013, 17:56
If the OP is planning to charge money and the intended drop off spots were in the Green Mountain National Forest and there were a fee for the service an outfitter guide permit would be needed.

Praha4
07-30-2013, 18:14
hey moose, I'll keep your phone # with me, I'm doing an E2E LT hike starting Sept 4th from Williamstown, and never know might be needing a shuttle ride somewhere.

big moose
07-30-2013, 21:59
ok i check in if need a permit thank you for you advice and input

Lone Wolf
07-30-2013, 22:00
i dont no if there is a demand for this. i will hike up supplies hikers need to trail they can call me or contact me on my website www.shawnwhitneyhiking.com (http://www.shawnwhitneyhiking.com) i will bring supplies or givie rides from 11/30 in manchester vt to rt 12 inwoodstock vt also north on long trail to rt 125 rd crossing all they have to do is pay for supplies they need just wondering what people think of this

bigmoose
no demand for this

big moose
07-30-2013, 22:01
i want thank eveyone for there comits i have lot i have look in to ty