PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Group for Shenandoah NP Hikers

Blissful
08-01-2013, 15:53
Interested in hiking within Shenandoah National Park? Come join the group created on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/shenandoah500miler/)

mtntopper
08-01-2013, 16:28
I don't do facebook.

Cherokee Bill
08-01-2013, 17:51
With all the NSA crap going on, I avoid Facebook, etc., like the plague

jerseydave
08-01-2013, 19:37
I don't do facebook.

With all the NSA crap going on, I avoid Facebook, etc., like the plague

Internet is internet.....
Your here...... they know you..... get over it...... (then vote them all out)

mtntopper
08-01-2013, 20:23
Just exactly what is it that I am suppose to get over?

Blissful
08-07-2013, 20:11
If you don't do Facebook, don't join.

If you do, we're there.

Teacher & Snacktime
08-07-2013, 20:52
Wow...you caught the crappy attitudes right out of the gate.....Sorry about that....I'll see you on facebook. :)

HikerMom58
08-07-2013, 20:58
Wow...you caught the crappy attitudes right out of the gate.....Sorry about that....I'll see you on facebook. :)

Embrace the suck!! :p

Silent Stroll
08-08-2013, 12:51
I woke up early at 5am Tuesday the 6th for what seemed no real good reason. I thought about going foe a walk and watch the sunrise but didn't. Then I remembered an Old Rag. I checked the weather...pretty dismal. What the hell, I have a rain coat I decided. I spent too much time getting ready. left most of (too much) cash and my bank card at home and went for a 3.5 hour drive.
The mtn. was covered in cloud.
As I sat on top and finished my first gatorade and second Clif bar (the only food I had since the night before) the clouds dispersed. WOW, nice views with clouds at my eye level now. I got some great pics and better memories. I did the Old Rag Circuit Hike. I knew because of the weather I would be one of few and I was. As always, I brought a present. Flying Dog Imperial Porter I picked up in MD on the way down. Fantastic lunch and desert.
I cant say enough how much fun I had on that hike. I was really hoping to see a bear and was happy to not find another rattlesnake as I am tired of finding them in PA (almost 20 so far this year).
Some will complain that the fire road exit is boring. I say it was beautiful. Oh and the butterflies. Thousands, no kidding thousands of Tiger Swallowtail butterflys.
I will be back! The weather next tuesday looks to be worse so maybe not then. Visibility before the clouds broke was 40 feet. Things were wet enough. I don't think I will try Old Rag in the rain as I don't own micro-spikes.
Overall it took me 5 hours. Im not positive of the exact length because my iphone died at 8.5 miles (too many pics and videos taken). I think its about 10 miles and 2500 feet elevation gain and then lost. LOVED IT!

Blissful
08-08-2013, 18:26
I woke up early at 5am Tuesday the 6th for what seemed no real good reason. I thought about going foe a walk and watch the sunrise but didn't. Then I remembered an Old Rag. I checked the weather...pretty dismal. What the hell, I have a rain coat I decided. I spent too much time getting ready. left most of (too much) cash and my bank card at home and went for a 3.5 hour drive.
The mtn. was covered in cloud.
As I sat on top and finished my first gatorade and second Clif bar (the only food I had since the night before) the clouds dispersed. WOW, nice views with clouds at my eye level now. I got some great pics and better memories. I did the Old Rag Circuit Hike. I knew because of the weather I would be one of few and I was. As always, I brought a present. Flying Dog Imperial Porter I picked up in MD on the way down. Fantastic lunch and desert.
I cant say enough how much fun I had on that hike. I was really hoping to see a bear and was happy to not find another rattlesnake as I am tired of finding them in PA (almost 20 so far this year).
Some will complain that the fire road exit is boring. I say it was beautiful. Oh and the butterflies. Thousands, no kidding thousands of Tiger Swallowtail butterflys.
I will be back! The weather next tuesday looks to be worse so maybe not then. Visibility before the clouds broke was 40 feet. Things were wet enough. I don't think I will try Old Rag in the rain as I don't own micro-spikes.
Overall it took me 5 hours. Im not positive of the exact length because my iphone died at 8.5 miles (too many pics and videos taken). I think its about 10 miles and 2500 feet elevation gain and then lost. LOVED IT!

Great story. Glad you had a good hike.

No Directions
08-08-2013, 20:14
I love SNP.