PDA

View Full Version : Becoming Odyssa 1.99 Kindle

wannahike
08-01-2013, 17:15
It's 1.99 kindle edition

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004I8VGYO?tag=bb-dds-20

Crusinsusan
08-01-2013, 21:33
People should know that this book has christian overtones. I bought it, and this should have been, at the very least, noted in the blurb. Just a heads up to the non-christians.

Ktaadn
08-02-2013, 11:13
People should know that this book has christian overtones. I bought it, and this should have been, at the very least, noted in the blurb. Just a heads up to the non-christians.

This is true but I didn't find it that annoying. I don't think she is trying to convert anyone. It is still a good story and worth reading if interested.

hikernutcasey
08-02-2013, 12:20
This was a great read. Better than average when compared to other AT reads. The Christian overtones are almost not worth mentioning in my opinion.

cathyfass
08-03-2013, 00:25
I agree that her being Christian in no way, shape, or form influenced my enjoyment of the book. I don't believe that her personal reflections on the topic detracted from the rest of her story, and absolutely loved reading her account.

Rocket Jones
08-03-2013, 08:05
The Christian aspects wouldn't bother me, but you should be aware that the book was written by a woman.

(see how silly that sounds?)

Just Bill
08-03-2013, 08:39
The Christian references are about as blatant as mentioning toilet paper would imply that at some point there will be some poo. The book is a good one, even better at $2. Should be required reading for any outdoorsman.

Marta
08-03-2013, 10:11
The power of the book comes from Jen's honesty about many subjects, including her faith, her gender, her body, and her feelings. She struggled mightily almost every day she was out there. Considering she was already unusually fit before she started--she'd done an Ironman!--that should give would-be thru-hikers some insight into the dimensions of their bodies and minds and souls that will be called on.