PDA

View Full Version : shuttle from Delaware Water Gap to Palmerton?

ceschuby
08-02-2013, 13:34
My dad and I are finishing up a 30 mile section in PA and are looking for a shuttle from Delaware Water Gap to Palmerton Saturday, August 17th (preferably in the AM)? We haven't decided all the logistics, but would prefer to park at DWG, shuttle to Pton, and walk north to the car. Anyone know if parking at trailheads in that area is safe? Or any other recommended places to park? I have had gear stolen from parked cars before :(. Thanks!

kolokolo
08-02-2013, 17:46
I parked overnight at the west end of the Lehigh River bridge about a week ago, and had no problem. It is on a fairly busy road (PA 873), and there were other cars there. I think there is also a lot at the east end of the bridge, but I don't know the details about that. I shuttled with Janet Goloub (610)767-1287. I highly recommend her.

LIhikers
08-02-2013, 23:31
Several years ago my wife and I parked our car in the large lot at the end of town in Delaware Water Gap. We prearranged with the outfitter in town to shuttle us to our starting point and we walked back to DWG. We didn't have any problem with the car or the shuttle.

ceschuby
08-09-2013, 10:33
Thanks, all! Turns out my husband is going to shuttle us, so problem solved.