PDA

View Full Version : More Colorado pics...

Mags
08-02-2005, 13:50
Seems people enjoy my photos, so I thought I'd continue to share them.

As mentioned in another thread, I tend to do something outdoorsy every weekend.
This weekend was no exception.

Two different day hikes. Both with my new camera. Upgraded to a 5 MP camera. Cost less than my 3.2 MP camera I bought 2.5 yrs ago! :)

#1 Hessie Trail area

A few of us hiked to Skyscraper Res, a res. that goes back to mining days. Lots of wildflowers! Included some off trail hiking to a ridge where we could see Rollins Pass on the Continental Divde (CDT!). Quite nice.

#2 Devil's Thumb Pass
A hike to the divide/CDT. As before, lots of wildflowers. This area had remnants of walls made by the native tribes for the herding of elk. Made it to the top of the pass when cloud started rolling in. Uh oh! Time to move down. :)

The hikes were more mellow than the previous weeks. Only about 12 miles or so R/T, 2500-3000' elev gain.

This weekend? A big trail run Saturday..with a big hike Sunday, almost all off trail! Woo Hoo!

http://gallery.backcountry.net/co05?&page=31

Footslogger
08-02-2005, 13:59
Just what I DIDN'T need to see while I'm sitting here at work. Now my mind will wander the rest of the day.

You're a real trouble maker !! Keep up the great photo supply !!

'Slogger

A-Train
08-03-2005, 10:09
Mags, your pics look like they should belong in Backpacker Mag or a brochure for NOLS or the AMC. Everyone is clean, attractive, happy and having too much fun!

Keep it up man

Footslogger
08-03-2005, 10:37
[QUOTE=A-Train]Mags, your pics look like they should belong in Backpacker Mag or a brochure for NOLS or the AMC. Everyone is clean, attractive, happy and having too much fun!
===============================================
Yeah ...Mags does capture some great shots. But Colorado and Wyoming are "target rich environments" !!

'Slogger

Mags
08-03-2005, 11:22
Mags, your pics look like they should belong in Backpacker Mag or a brochure for NOLS or the AMC. Everyone is clean, attractive, happy and having too much fun!

Keep it up man

:) Thanks for the kind words. However, when you said "Everyone is clean, attractive, happy and having too much fun!", notice I am in few of the pics. :D

(Having lots of fun and happy? Yes indeed! Attractive? Well Mom does call me handsome. Others may disagree. ;) )

Footslogger
08-03-2005, 11:30
[QUOTE=Mags] Well Mom does call me handsome.
============================================
That doesn't count Mags. My mom says the same thing ...and just look at me !!

'Slogger

A-Train
08-04-2005, 13:46
[QUOTE=Mags] Well Mom does call me handsome.
============================================
That doesn't count Mags. My mom says the same thing ...and just look at me !!

'Slogger

Thru-hikers are an ugly breed. Damn glad to be one!

MOWGLI
08-04-2005, 22:51
OK, I just posted 41 photos from my recent trip to Colorado in my Blog - including a shot of me & Mags at Coors Field.

More photos and a daiily journal will soon appear in TrailJournals.com. Enjoy! The link to my Blog is in my signature below.

Footslogger
08-04-2005, 23:04
Thanks for sharing the shots Mowgli. Great that you got to experience that with your daughter. Next time you're out this way give me a shout and I'll show you a little bit of Wyoming.

'Slogger

MOWGLI
08-04-2005, 23:12
Next time you're out this way give me a shout and I'll show you a little bit of Wyoming.

'Slogger

Thanks for the inviite 'Slogger. I'd really like that!

Hikerhead
08-04-2005, 23:24
Great job on your Blog Litlte Bear. Those are some beautiful pictures. Awesome country.

Mags
08-05-2005, 10:14
Nice pics! Glad you will be back someday.

Did Martha get her Ben and Jerry's ice cream at Twin Lakes? :)

MOWGLI
08-05-2005, 10:25
Nice pics! Glad you will be back someday.

Did Martha get her Ben and Jerry's ice cream at Twin Lakes? :)

A promise made is a promise kept. Coffee Heath Bar Crunch! No B&J in Twin Lakes though. We had to go to the Safeway in Leadville to find it.

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/243/5098/320/CT%20Part%202%20142.jpg

Mags
08-05-2005, 11:24
A promise made is a promise kept. Coffee Heath Bar Crunch! No B&J in Twin Lakes though. We had to go to the Safeway in Leadville to find it.

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/243/5098/320/CT%20Part%202%20142.jpg

Good deal! I know that Safeway well. My favorite B&J is Cherry Garcia..mmm. But any flavor of B&J is good by me!