PDA

View Full Version : Salomon Shoes Warranty

Sorcerer
08-02-2005, 15:19
Just a note to let you know how Salomon, USA handles their warranty claims.

I bought 2 pairs of Salomon Xterra Low shoes from Campmor for $29.97 each (regularly ~$85). They were closeouts from 2003 (I got them in October 2004).

Took one pair and hiked from Deleware Water Gap to Hanover. By the time I got to Sages Ravine (approximately 200 miles) the sole came off a large spot in the ball of both feet and the mesh was torn in several places on both shoes. They actually held together "ok" for the rest of the trip.

I wrote Salomon a "smart mouth" email. I wasn't mean, but I definitely didn't give them rave reviews. I got a short reply back that said if they were less than a year old I should send them back through a local dealer for warranty.

So, I did return them. I got a new pair of Salomon Solaris Low shoes as a replacement. I ended up having to pay $17 for them ($10 service charge and $7 shipping....I think my local retailer is the one who charged those fees, no Salomon themselves).

Overall I'm pleased with the way Salomon handles their warranty. This is the second pair of shoes I've had to have warrantied. The others I wore in 2002 tore after 12 miles. They do stand behind their products but I'm not having much luck with their durability so far, but at least I'll give it another shot!

The Solemates
08-02-2005, 16:21
Just a note to let you know how Salomon, USA handles their warranty claims.

I bought 2 pairs of Salomon Xterra Low shoes from Campmor for $29.97 each (regularly ~$85). They were closeouts from 2003 (I got them in October 2004).

Took one pair and hiked from Deleware Water Gap to Hanover. By the time I got to Sages Ravine (approximately 200 miles) the sole came off a large spot in the ball of both feet and the mesh was torn in several places on both shoes. They actually held together "ok" for the rest of the trip.

I wrote Salomon a "smart mouth" email. I wasn't mean, but I definitely didn't give them rave reviews. I got a short reply back that said if they were less than a year old I should send them back through a local dealer for warranty.

So, I did return them. I got a new pair of Salomon Solaris Low shoes as a replacement. I ended up having to pay $17 for them ($10 service charge and $7 shipping....I think my local retailer is the one who charged those fees, no Salomon themselves).

Overall I'm pleased with the way Salomon handles their warranty. This is the second pair of shoes I've had to have warrantied. The others I wore in 2002 tore after 12 miles. They do stand behind their products but I'm not having much luck with their durability so far, but at least I'll give it another shot!

wow thats awesome. i had the same impression with montrail when i had some replaced for free after only 180 miles. but try that with garmont and its a different story. garmont sucks! im still bitter about it.

Peaks
08-02-2005, 16:43
I tired Solomans once. They lasted all the way to the edge of town before the tops tore out. They were promtly returned to the store, and I switched to a different brand.

neo
08-02-2005, 19:24
i had a solomon raid 300 pack fall apart on me on a section hike from damascus va to pearisburg va,i hike 164 miles in 7 days in may 2002,the pack began to fall apart on the 3rd day,i was carrying less than 20lbs,so i know i will not buy their shoes:cool: neo

kyhipo
08-02-2005, 20:26
i hiked over 1000 miles with my pair but some shoes have a mind of their own:dance ky