PDA

View Full Version : Stoked and really a nothing to see here post...

bears12th
08-03-2013, 21:31
So, after a few months of serious planning and gear purchasing, me and a buddy are going to do our first true backpacking trip (3 or 4 days depending on pace) thru the CT portion of the AT trail. We have car camped and hiked the White Mountains numerous times and are now ready to tackle the world of backpacking. Starting with the CT portion we felt it would be pretty easy, good weather, and mostly just a gear shakedown and checking out if we are prepared for some serious packing next year. Anyways, nothing to really see here other than my stokedness (yep, making up words due to my stokedness). Boom. Thanks to this site for obviously getting us as well ready as we would ever be having never done it before. More to report soon hopefully.

Thanks for everything this site and its members do. :clap

Thanks,

Bears

hikerboy57
08-03-2013, 21:34
So, after a few months of serious planning and gear purchasing, me and a buddy are going to do our first true backpacking trip (3 or 4 days depending on pace) thru the CT portion of the AT trail. We have car camped and hiked the White Mountains numerous times and are now ready to tackle the world of backpacking. Starting with the CT portion we felt it would be pretty easy, good weather, and mostly just a gear shakedown and checking out if we are prepared for some serious packing next year. Anyways, nothing to really see here other than my stokedness (yep, making up words due to my stokedness). Boom. Thanks to this site for obviously getting us as well ready as we would ever be having never done it before. More to report soon hopefully.

Thanks,

Bears
i am so stoked you are stoked, and im sure others here are also stoked about you being stoked.
welcome to whiteblaze.go out and have some fun.

HikerMom58
08-03-2013, 21:39
i am so stoked you are stoked, and im sure others here are also stoked about you being stoked.
welcome to whiteblaze.go out and have some fun.

WOOOO HOOOO!!! Adding my go out & have some fun wishes too!! :sun

hikerboy57
08-03-2013, 21:42
WOOOO HOOOO!!! Adding my go out & have some fun wishes too!! :sun
arent you stoked for him?i know i am!!
we're stoked you're stoked!!

HikerMom58
08-03-2013, 21:47
arent you stoked for him?i know i am!!
we're stoked you're stoked!!

We're all stoked!! :) Have FUN and let us know how things went when you get back, bears12th!!

Ezra
08-03-2013, 21:50
I for one, am very stoked for you guys! Stoked to hear how it goes...let us know.

Zippy Morocco
08-03-2013, 22:10
I too am very stoked that you are going for it have a blast!

Biggie Master
08-03-2013, 22:19
Lots of folks stoking up the joint! I'm right there too. My stoke meter is in the red zone - that's how stoked I am. In all seriousness, I completely understand your stokedness, as I'm stoked for my own trip in just a few weeks.

hikerboy57
08-03-2013, 22:21
Lots of folks stoking up the joint! I'm right there too. My stoke meter is in the red zone - that's how stoked I am. In all seriousness, I completely understand your stokedness, as I'm stoked for my own trip in just a few weeks.
me too.im stoked for maine, leaving right after labor day. im soooooooooooooooooooooooo stoooooooooooked

HikerMom58
08-03-2013, 22:26
me too.im stoked for maine, leaving right after labor day. im soooooooooooooooooooooooo stoooooooooooked

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOKED!!! We should start a thread about how SToooooooooooooked we are about our trips & WHERE we are going..:clap

Biggie Master
08-03-2013, 22:26

thats where I'll be too. Starting at Monson on 8/30 and heading north. Perhaps we'll meet? That would be cool.

hikerboy57
08-03-2013, 22:30
thats where I'll be too. Starting at Monson on 8/30 and heading north. Perhaps we'll meet? That would be cool.would be great, but im thinking im probably gonna start sobo below you. dont know yet.my plan is always the same-no plan

Biggie Master
08-03-2013, 22:34
would be great, but im thinking im probably gonna start sobo below you. dont know yet.my plan is always the same-no plan

That's still cool, as long as we're all stoked about our trail time!

Hill Ape
08-03-2013, 22:35
this may be the best welcome thread of all time

hikerboy57
08-03-2013, 22:37
what can I tell you we're stoked

Hill Ape
08-03-2013, 22:45
duuuuuude, i'm so stoked i've got the munchies. you know what they say about stoking, its a gateway

hikerboy57
08-03-2013, 22:49
yes, sooner or later you become super-stoked

hikerboy57
08-03-2013, 22:50

Thanks,

Bearswhere you thinking of bringing your stokedness?

Just Bill
08-03-2013, 23:48
Since we're talking New England- I'm wicked stoked. I'm so stoked a blacksmith could work titanium. If you took the entire Kingsford Charcoal factory's contents and put it in a pile, lit it up, and got fifteen military spec hovercraft to fan the flames it still wouldn't be anywhere near how stoked I am. BOOM.

bears12th
08-04-2013, 19:12
Just weighed my pack with 3L of water, hiking poles, everything in it ready to go for the morning for 4 days. Came in at 29 lbs total with 3L of water. Feeling pretty good about that as the water is about 6.6 lbs and poles are a pound. I have about 8 lbs of food in there, enough food to feed a village, not to mention a few cigars and some bourbon - you can take the Bears12th out of the city, but you cant take him out of the city without his bourbon and cigars - at least not yet. Wonder if when I retire in 22 years they will have bourbon and cigar stops along the AT for my thru in 2035? Hmmmm. Let the planning begin now for NOBO 2035!!!!! Thanks all for the stokedness. Hitting the road by 5am and trail by 8am, hopefully after a diner stop along the way.

Out and see you all on the flip side. Thanks again for everything.

hikerboy57
08-04-2013, 19:20
Just weighed my pack with 3L of water, hiking poles, everything in it ready to go for the morning for 4 days. Came in at 29 lbs total with 3L of water. Feeling pretty good about that as the water is about 6.6 lbs and poles are a pound. I have about 8 lbs of food in there, enough food to feed a village, not to mention a few cigars and some bourbon - you can take the Bears12th out of the city, but you cant take him out of the city without his bourbon and cigars - at least not yet. Wonder if when I retire in 22 years they will have bourbon and cigar stops along the AT for my thru in 2035? Hmmmm. Let the planning begin now for NOBO 2035!!!!! Thanks all for the stokedness. Hitting the road by 5am and trail by 8am, hopefully after a diner stop along the way.

Out and see you all on the flip side. Thanks again for everything. I'm stoked

BirdBrain
08-04-2013, 20:36
I'm stoked

I am stoked that I live in Maine and get to hike up here. Where is all this tough hiking that people keep talking about?

HikerMom58
08-04-2013, 20:44
I am stoked that I live in Maine and get to hike up here. Where is all this tough hiking that people keep talking about?

Whoa... you are stoked cause you are a lean mean hiking machine!! :D

BB... change ur graduation hat to something else for summertime fun!! :P I'll be so stoked if you do!! :)

hikerboy57
08-04-2013, 21:15
the other side of grafton notch

BirdBrain
08-04-2013, 22:16
Whoa... you are stoked cause you are a lean mean hiking machine!! :D

BB... change ur graduation hat to something else for summertime fun!! :P I'll be so stoked if you do!! :)

Time to get stoked HM.

BirdBrain
08-04-2013, 22:21
the other side of grafton notch

Day 2 of our hike across Maine was Roaring Brook to Chimney Pond, to Hamlin Cutoff, to Hamlin Peak, across the Saddle to Baxter Peak, and down the Hunt Trail to KSC. I have been told that that side is tough. I will find out next year. Can't wait.

Hill Ape
08-04-2013, 22:22
my girlfriend would be so stoked if i could find the grafton notch, she's always asking if i need a map. i'm stoked she lets me keep looking. oh wait, wrong thing

stop me, before i offend

hikerboy57
08-04-2013, 22:23
Day 2 of our hike across Maine was Roaring Brook to Chimney Pond, to Hamlin Cutoff, to Hamlin Peak, across the Saddle to Baxter Peak, and down the Hunt Trail to KSC. I have been told that that side is tough. I will find out next year. Can't wait.
doesnt get much better than day 2.
im gonna be in maine in a few weeks!!!

im stoked

BirdBrain
08-04-2013, 22:23
my girlfriend would be so stoked if i could find the grafton notch, she's always asking if i need a map. i'm stoked she lets me keep looking. oh wait, wrong thing

stop me, before i offend

Too late. You have already offended your girlfriend.

BirdBrain
08-04-2013, 22:25
I stoked many campfires at leantos to get plenty of hiker deodorant.

rocketsocks
08-04-2013, 22:49
I'm so stoked I could just stoke.

Just Bill
08-04-2013, 22:51
Welcome to White Blaze- the name in and of itself, if not referring to a painted mark on a tree, implies we are stoked to see you.

rocketsocks
08-05-2013, 00:25
welcome to white blaze- the name in and of itself, if not referring to a painted mark on a tree, implies we are stoked to see you.
23147................:) "Stoked"

Just Bill
08-05-2013, 00:30
23147................:) "Stoked"
Tonight, and tonight only- I represent that and am clearly offensive.

rocketsocks
08-05-2013, 00:31
Tonight, and tonight only- I represent that and am clearly offensive.
your beautiful babe:)

it's posts like these we'll look back on and laugh...all good

Just Bill
08-05-2013, 00:33
Thank you- Goodnight (drops mic)

rocketsocks
08-05-2013, 00:33
Thank you- Goodnight (drops mic)

night bill, I'm out too....later

HikerMom58
08-05-2013, 06:39
Time to get stoked HM.

I see that new look BB....I'M STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOED!!! I stoked you are back too!! I missed you!!!

HikerMom58
08-05-2013, 06:42
your beautiful babe:)

it's posts like these we'll look back on and laugh...all good

Rocketsocks.... JB has a beautiful babe :)... his son is adorable!! RS is beautiful!! :) That is all!!

BirdBrain
08-05-2013, 07:52
I see that new look BB....I'M STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOED!!! I stoked you are back too!! I missed you!!!

I am back but in a much more limited role. I was here to learn too. I am a know-it-all now. JK. Priorities are changing though. My big hike is over for the year. I have a huge honeydo list now to attend to.

Another Kevin
08-05-2013, 08:27
I'm so Stoked ... Fd = 6πηRv ... oh wait, that's Stokes, not Stoked.

(On Monday mornings after a clueless weekend I turn back into a geek... ignore me...)

BirdBrain
08-05-2013, 09:24

(On Monday mornings after a clueless weekend I turn back into a geek... ignore me...)

I tried ignoring someone once. Alas, I am too nosy to follow through on such an attempt. I am headed back to work tonight... and no, I am not stoked about that.

Tom Murphy
08-05-2013, 09:44

You are such a drag.

atmilkman
08-05-2013, 09:59
The tribe has stoken.

Hill Ape
08-05-2013, 10:54
i'm so stoked that i ignored the parameters, i blew out of the sphere on jones vector, high speed and low drag :jump

not only are we all stoked, but it seems a few of us are closeted geeks. don't be ashamed, be stoked and proud