PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for 3 day AT Hike in New Hampshire

pvandall
08-03-2013, 23:32
Hi all,

A friend of mine want to do a 3 day hike in New Hampshire on the AT. About 10 miles a day. Any suggestions on some good views etc..?

Thanks,

Pete
Stamford, CT

Rasty
08-03-2013, 23:39
Three day Pemi Loop hike would be my suggestion. It is hard as a two day loop but easier as a three day http://www.hikernerd.com/2011/07/pemi-pemigewasset-loop-new-hampshire.html

pvandall
08-03-2013, 23:50
Thanks man. Is this hike on the AT at all? Working on section hiking the whole thing...

Rasty
08-04-2013, 00:10
Thanks man. Is this hike on the AT at all? Working on section hiking the whole thing...

About a third of it is on the AT

Del Q
08-04-2013, 20:56
Franconia Notch to Crawford Notch, about 28 miles

Hoping that my back issues resolve so that I can do this section and maybe more in late Sept

Chaco Taco
08-04-2013, 21:06
Crawford Notch back to Franconia Notch. You get a nice easy start to Zealand Falls and after Zeacliffs, its relatively easy up and over South Twin. Gets a little crazy after that but well worth it

Driver8
08-04-2013, 22:56
Crawford Notch back to Franconia Notch. You get a nice easy start to Zealand Falls and after Zeacliffs, its relatively easy up and over South Twin. Gets a little crazy after that but well worth it

Agreed. And you can cut your trip short, if you need to, for weather or other reasons, by descending past Greenleaf Hut from Lafayette via Greenleaf Trail and Old Bridle Path. Would put you out a couple level-ish miles north of your intended destination, easy walk.

Welcome to White Blaze, Pete - we've got a pretty good Connecticut contingent here. :welcome

Just Bill
08-04-2013, 23:21
Did you guys know that Connecticut was the original name for Legos?

Driver8
08-04-2013, 23:34
Did you guys know that Connecticut was the original name for Legos?

I'm stoked to hear that! ;)

Just Bill
08-04-2013, 23:46
You got your threads mixed up Driver8- winky wink and such to you. The OP wanted to know about a 3 day hike in NH- to which the correct response is anywhere in NH as it's all awesome. ;)

Rasty
08-04-2013, 23:47
You got your threads mixed up Driver8- winky wink and such to you. The OP wanted to know about a 3 day hike in NH- to which the correct response is anywhere in NH as it's all awesome. ;)

Manchester NH would suck

Chaco Taco
08-05-2013, 06:14
Manchester NH would suck
Nashua aint much better either

jeffmeh
08-05-2013, 07:17
I'll add Salem. Too bad though, as if it were I could be at the trailhead in 15 minutes. The lack of sales tax and the State Liquor Store are convenient, though.

Crog Welly
08-05-2013, 07:44
Plus one on Franconia Notch to Crawford Notch . Great views from lafeyette, garfield and guyot mountains. Just did that in a leisurely 4 days last week. AMC hut system conveniently placed for accomodation but can use them for water and food and privy without staying overnight. Garfiekd and garfiekd ridge trails are gnarly footway. Sturdy boots a must.

Also crawford notch to pinckham notch would be worth a look. Short cuts from top of mount washington to pinckham , too many variations to list, plenty of options to play with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2