PDA

View Full Version : New member saying hello......:)

jimmyjob
08-02-2005, 16:39
I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I have been a member for about two days, and have already learned a great deal. I am a weekend hiker now and am currently planning for a north bound thru hike beginning next March. I hope the experience that each of you have had will help me in my planning and I hope that in turn I will be able to offer assistance to others myself. <o:p>
</o:p>

I know that only 10 – 20% of the people that begin the trek make it. I hope that through proper planning, saving and training I will be able to be part of the 15 – 20%.
<o:p> </o:p>

Thanks<o:p>
</o:p>

jimmyjob

titanium_hiker
08-02-2005, 16:52
:jump:welcomeimages/smilies/banana.gifimages/smilies/banana.gifimages/smilies/banana.gifimages/smilies/banana.gifimages/smilies/banana.gifimages/smilies/banana.gifimages/smilies/banana.gifimages/smilies/clap.gif

you'll like it here. good luck on your thru!

rmtjr
08-02-2005, 18:48
Welcome aboard! There is probably not an AT question that has or can be asked that is not answered somewhere in these forums. Check out the articles section also. Some posters here even seem to know what they are talking about. (Har har. Chuckle) You know, you might even ask a question that will be answered by one of the AT "legends" that frequent these pages. (There was a thread about "legends" a few weeks back. Lots of jokes.) Bob

neo
08-02-2005, 19:20
happy trails to ya dude:cool: neo

VAMTNHIKER
08-02-2005, 21:57
Welcome aboard JJ!

TOW
08-02-2005, 22:34
welcome future thru hiker......