PDA

View Full Version : nobo april ish start..would like a partner

trapper
08-04-2013, 20:11
little bit about me...32 male married with two children. been putting this off a long time...its time! 6'2" 200# in shape will start with 15 mile days. i like haveing a partner dont have to hike 5' apart all day some alone time is great but ive hiked alone for a week before and that blows. im very open minded. i go to traildays every year and would like to go this year also.

zzzzzz1002003
08-07-2013, 22:24
im starting late march or first week in april.
ide hike with you. im 25 and willing to do 15-20 miles a day to start with for a bit but this will be the first super long distance ive ever been on, so that mile maybe too much but im in deacent shape i think with scouting and life in general. im going to be useing the train to get to atlanta.. then hopefuly a trail shuttle to the approach path. yes it does suck to hike solo.

Martymart
09-03-2013, 22:58
im starting late march or first week in april.
ide hike with you. im 25 and willing to do 15-20 miles a day to start with for a bit but this will be the first super long distance ive ever been on, so that mile maybe too much but im in deacent shape i think with scouting and life in general. im going to be useing the train to get to atlanta.. then hopefuly a trail shuttle to the approach path. yes it does suck to hike solo.

If you get off the train at Gainesville instead of Atlanta it will put you closer to Springer

max patch
09-03-2013, 23:16
Trust me, starting April 1 hiking alone is not going to be one of your worries. You'll be starting with (at least) 30 other potential thrus. You'll eventually fall into a group of like minded hikers who share the same pace as you do.

evansprater
09-05-2013, 01:00
I'm starting between March 20th and April 1, depending on weather. The closer it gets to start time, if you and I happen to be capable of doing so, I'd be more than happy to hike with you. I can almost guarantee, though, that the people/person you're with in the first few hundred miles will not be who you're with in the last few hundred. When I did a few months last fall (alone) I grew to enjoy the solitude and cherish the new people I met along the way, and I'm a VERY social person... But I learned that being alone, at times, isn't so bad. Hoping to expand that awareness this next go round.