PDA

View Full Version : Winding Stair Gap to Dick's Creek Gap SOBO

Magic_Mack
08-06-2013, 13:10
Anybody have anything they would like to share about Winding Stair Gap to Dick's Creek Gap SOBO? Easy? Hard? 3 day hike etc.? Gonna do it soon and don't want to be over my head, gonna be my first 3-day hike. Thanks.

daddytwosticks
08-06-2013, 16:19
Nice section. Love Albert Mt and Standing Indian. It would take me more than three days, but I'm old and slow. Enjoy. :)

nu2hike
08-06-2013, 16:41
That section will be easier going SOBO looking at the terrain profile! It could be done in 3 long days if you're physically fit.
In June I hiked from Unicoi Gap to Winding Stair NOBO in 5 days, but like daddytwosticks I'm slow!

Ron Haven
08-06-2013, 23:04
I think you will like it...

Kerosene
08-07-2013, 11:15
My newbie 20-year old daughter went from Standing Indian (actually Deep Gap just to the north) to Winding Stair Gap in 3 easy half-days of hiking. In 2004, at the end of my Georgia section hike, I went from Dicks Creek Gap to Deep Gap on a lovely day in April, hiking another 4 miles down the Kimsey Creek Trail to my car.

If you're in reasonable shape then I would think that you should be able to cover this section in 3 days, but as this is your first 3-day hike I think you'll find it to be a challenge. Planning for another half-day would give you more options.