PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a partner(s) to section hike in VT during August

hlynn117
08-06-2013, 14:36
I'm a 24 year old female new to CT and looking for a partner (multiple people for different dates works, too) to do 3 weekend hikes during the month of August on the VT section of the AT. I did the CT section, but I think I'm going to skip the MA section for now and do VT while the weather is still good and the days are longer. My current soloing schedule has been to leave work around 3-4 on Friday, drive to the trail head, spend the night somewhere close (prefer campsite/shelter if it's available), and hike Saturday and Sunday. I'm looking to do 15-20 miles a day depending on stops and shelter locations. My tentative schedule is this:

August 9-11: Bennington to Manchester Center (Spending the night in Story Spring Shelter)
August 16-18: Manchester Center to North Clarendon (Little Rock Pond Shelter)
One of the last two weeks in August: North Clarendon to Woodstock, VT (Tucker-Johnson Shelter)

About myself:
I'm an intermediate level backpacker, and I'm interested in going from 'the basics' to putting together longer trips with more hiking mileage/difficulty. I've done several 4 day trips, but some of these had fairly low mileage, although the recent one was a 13-15 mile a day trip.

BadLatitude
08-06-2013, 19:11
I sent you a PM. Im fairly local. My fiancée and I are just getting back into hiking and backpacking after years being away from the sport.

Trail Bug
08-06-2013, 21:20
I would suggest that you always carry a shelter with you. Could save your life.

Meriadoc
08-06-2013, 22:25
I sent you a PM Hlynn. I'm not local, but I'll be in the VT/NH/ME area the weekend of August 9-11 and I want to spend a night or two on the trail and watch meteor showers :).