PDA

View Full Version : Awesome New Hammock Shelter

GeoRunner
08-07-2013, 10:06
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site, and this is my first post. :D Yay, me!

Let me try to not sound like a businessman with this post... Please do not view this post as a promotion for a business, but rather a fellow AT-enthusiast giving his opinion on an awesome product. I really want this product to go into production, and I feel like there are enough hammock hangers on this site who may show interest in this product. That's the only reason I post this.

I am friends with the CEO of the company Sierra Madre Research (SMr) - I doubt you have heard of it as it is currently just a small business. The company has engineered quite possibly the best hammock shelter on the market. It is truly an amazing product, and it aids for an even better cause.

The hammock shelter is called the Nube' (meaning cloud). If you want to check it out they have a website set up on KickStarter that has a video of features and specs. Just search Kickstarter Sierra Madre Research and the Nube should show up. I would include a link, but then you might think I am some kind of spammer. In any case, I strongly encourage any tree hanger to give it a look.

Thanks!

gps4
08-07-2013, 10:25
i got a SMr pares hammock for father's day and i've been waiting for the release of the nube' for quite some time to get an idea of what SMr has in terms of shelter. i saw the promotional video this morning and am impressed. the nube' is a rain tarp with integrated bug net and gear hammock all in one. kind of pricey, but if i got it as a christmas present, i'd be thrilled. i hope they get the funding needed to begin production.

if you don't know SMr's story, Richard Rhett is an outdoor enthusiast and engineer from my hometown, vicksburg, ms. a few years ago, he went to central america on a medical missions trip to treat locals for waterborne illnesses. they slept in hammocks while down there. he came home, designed some hammocks and started a company in nicaragua to provide decent paying jobs to skilled tailors and seamstresses. a portion of SMr's sales goes to dig drinking water wells in third world countries. i've known Richard's family for years and they are good people.

check them out at http://sierramadreresearch.com/

i have no stake or interest in the company. i just want to get the word out about a local company owned by good people who provide a quality product.

T.S.Kobzol
08-07-2013, 11:18
Looks great. I like the design.

Hill Ape
08-07-2013, 11:42
two posts singing the praises, both first posts, both know the management, both users from mississippi. :cool: you don't have to try so hard, we love gear

GeoRunner
08-07-2013, 12:55
Dang you caught me haha j/k. That would have never caught my attention. It really is some nice gear though.

XTrekker
08-09-2013, 21:19
Pretty cool...Best of luck