PDA

View Full Version : Need Co-overseers for A.T. sections in Shenandoah NP

Blissful
08-08-2013, 09:56
Four co-overseers for four separate A.T. sections in the South District of Shenandoah National Park

http://www.southshenandoah.net/stewardship/hightop (http://www.southshenandoah.net/stewardship/hightop)

The Cleaner
08-08-2013, 16:56
Not any replies yet? Everyone wants to hike,few want to help.There are many who do volunteer, but the while the numbers of hikers seem to be increasing the number wanting to help is not growing as fast.I wonder how many will be affected(or infected) with the Norovirus next year:eek:......

Ktaadn
08-09-2013, 12:06
This link won't even open for me. Regardless, if I had won the Powerball on Wednesday night, I would have considered something like this. Alas, I didn't so I'm still sitting at work reading about it.

I did some trail maintenance a couple years ago and it was extremely rewarding. I was proud to hike on "my trail" on a section last year.

HikerMom58
08-09-2013, 13:24
Not any replies yet? Everyone wants to hike,few want to help.There are many who do volunteer, but the while the numbers of hikers seem to be increasing the number wanting to help is not growing as fast.I wonder how many will be affected(or infected) with the Norovirus next year:eek:......

Let's hope Norovirus does not show up again next year... meanie!!!:eek: I believe educating hikers in proper hygiene practices will really help with that.

Thanks cleaner for all you do/have done for the trail.. much appreciated!!

This link won't even open for me. Regardless, if I had won the Powerball on Wednesday night, I would have considered something like this. Alas, I didn't so I'm still sitting at work reading about it.

I did some trail maintenance a couple years ago and it was extremely rewarding. I was proud to hike on "my trail" on a section last year.

SWWWWEEETTT Ktaadin and thank you!!!!!!!! :)

The Roundabouts
08-14-2013, 20:05
Blissful, Thanks for posting the information. We have been in contact via the link you posted and hope to do the Hightop section. I have been a long time reader here but just registered.

Deer Hunter
08-14-2013, 20:25

Ditto.......