PDA

View Full Version : Shuttling in MD and PA - no more :(

Mrs Baggins
08-11-2013, 19:32
So I was offering shuttling in MD and very southern PA IF and ONLY IF hikers couldn't get a ride with other shuttel people who were making a living that way. I can no longer offer the service. On May 1 my 10 year old beloved Chevy Astro van was totaled when a Humvee rear ended me at a stop light. We bought a brand new vehicle and my hubby no longer wants me to carry around hikers in a brand new vehicle. I'm sorry but I can't shuttle anymore. Please don't request it from me any more. I'm so sorry but it's over. :(

Meriadoc
08-11-2013, 20:02
Thanks for shuttling hikers! When good things end I prefer to celebrate the good rather than be saddened by the ending.

It sucks that the van was destroyed. But now you have a new automobile, and in time, that will become an old beloved vehicle too :). (Maybe it will eventually be hiker friendly! :P)

Cheers and all the best,
Merry

RED-DOG
08-12-2013, 13:47
Thanks to your contribution to the hiking community, and also sorry about your van.

ladydi
08-12-2013, 15:27
Yes, thanks for your efforts helping others. So glad you weren't hurt. :eek:

Downhill Trucker
08-12-2013, 18:48
Thanks for your good will in the past. Glad you are ok.

rocketsocks
08-12-2013, 19:07
No worries Mrs.B, and thanks for what you have done in the past.

HikerMom58
08-12-2013, 19:23
Thanks for your willingness to shuttle hikers. I know how much I appreciate shuttles when I section hike!! Thanks again!! :)