PDA

View Full Version : ED Garvey Shelter

leonard
08-04-2005, 07:29
Are there places at the ed garvey shelter to pitch a tent? That is, we plan to camp at that location but would prefer a tent to using the shelter? Any open sites?

Also, we plan to stay saturday night in mid-september. Several people have indicated that it can be a noisy area (popular with scout troups, etc). Any sense on whether scout or other noisy groups may be there after the end of summer and in mid-septmber?

thanks

leonard

rambunny
08-04-2005, 19:00
Seems like i remember- if you go to the water source you should see some spots-but why do you want to stay there? see it go on to some nice stealth spot remember L.N.T. Happy Hike

leonard
08-05-2005, 16:17
Thanks. I'll be traveling with my 6 year old and we want to set down near some water. We'll look close by for a place.

Seems like i remember- if you go to the water source you should see some spots-but why do you want to stay there? see it go on to some nice stealth spot remember L.N.T. Happy Hike

BonzNRio
08-08-2005, 11:37
Leonard,I live in the area & go to Ed Garvey Shelter often.Their are'nt many good spots down at the water source.It's 0.4 down to it.Hiking with a child personally I'd set camp at the top.There are many nice campspots around the shelter.Happy hiking to you both.
Bonzo

leonard
08-16-2005, 08:51
Leonard,I live in the area & go to Ed Garvey Shelter often.Their are'nt many good spots down at the water source.It's 0.4 down to it.Hiking with a child personally I'd set camp at the top.There are many nice campspots around the shelter.Happy hiking to you both.
Bonzo
Thanks for the info. Look forward to going there once the weather turns a little cooler.

beartrack1
08-23-2005, 13:31
There are at least four or five nice tent pads right around the Garvey shelter.